If you are planning to hike in the wild or want to cook food at home, a backpacking stove is a must-have item. But finding a quality stove can be difficult. In this article, I will review 5 of the best backpacking stove kits you can find on the market. I will also show you how to choose the right stove for you. Contents:
What are the best backpacking stove kits?
There are several options for backpacking stoves, including integrated stoves, the classic alcohol canister stoves, and liquid fuel canister stoves.
The integrated model is the best option if you want to save weight and space. It is a compact and lightweight device that can easily be attached to your backpack. The classic alcohol stoves can also be compact, but they are heavier and bulkier. They are more suitable if you plan to use your stove in places with limited access to fuel.
Our Recommended 10 Best backpack stove kits in 2022
Welcome to Camp Stove Gear! We’re a small team of passionate outdoor enthusiasts who share a common goal – to help you enjoy the great outdoors by providing you with the best backpacking stove on the market. We’ve created this guide to show you how to build a DIY backpacking stove. It’s a great way to save money, reduce waste, and be more self-reliant.
There’s no need to rely on a commercial stove.
1. Odoland 12pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Mini Stove, Lightweight Pot Pan Kettle with 2 Cups, Fork Spoon Kit for Backpacking, Outdoor Camping Hiking and Picnic
- MOST COMPLETE PICNIC COMBINATION: The 12 pieces camping cookware kit includes 1 aluminum non-stick pot + 1 aluminum non-stick pan + 1 kettle + 1 camping stove + 2 stainless steel cups (4 oz) + 1 spoon + 1 fork + 1 knife + 1 Carabiner + 2 Carry bags. All made of stainless steel and aluminum alloy, durable and easy to clean.
- MULTI-WAYS FOR COOKING: The large size pot can be hung over the fire or just put on open fire. All the pot pan and kettle can be not only used with gas tank but also firewood.
- EASY TO CARRY: Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this camping cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
- ENJOY COOKING ANYWHERE: This awesome backpack camping cookware kit is designed for anyone loves outdoor camping with families and friends! It is super-portable, making it much more convenient for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic and other outdoor activities!
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: The stove is compatible with any 7/16 thread single butane/butane-propane mixed fuel canisters (EN 417). Equipped with piezo ignition system and flame controller, make it more convenience and practicable.
Additional Info :
This Odoland camping cookware mess kit with mini stove, lightweight pot pan kettle with 2 cups, fork spoon kit for backpacking, outdoor camping hiking and picnic is the best option for those looking for something lightweight, convenient, and which can be easily carried. This mess kit is lightweight, yet durable and is designed to fit most pots and pans thanks to the adjustable handle design. The pot itself is made from aluminum and is well-insulated to keep your hot food warm for a long time.
The spork is made from ABS plastic and has a stainless steel blade for the most effective cutting. The fork has a composite wooden handle for an easy grip.
2. MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit for Backpacking Gear – Camping Cooking Set – Backpack Camping Pot and Pans Set – Portable Camping Stove & Backpacking Stove Compatible- Camp Accessories Equipment 3L
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST! Highest Quality Non-Toxic Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset conducts heat quickly and is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker.
- ✅ ALL-IN-ONE COOKWARE MEGA BUNDLE: The 10 Piece Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit includes Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot + Pot Cover + Nonstick Pan + 2 Bowls + Folding Stainless Steel Spork + Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge + Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch.
- ✅ EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: The entire 10-piece mess kit collapses into small bundle for easy control and storage. Keep it all clean, keep it convenient
- ✅ WORRY FREE WILDERNESS: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the Camp Kitchen Set
- ✅ PERFECT GIFT FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS: #1 Outdoor Cooking Backpacking Gear and Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic Set for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love
Additional Info :
The Mallome camping cookware mess kit is a versatile and durable option that will work in a variety of different situations. This 3-piece set features a 3-liter pot, a small/medium bowl, and a spoon, as well as a heat-resistant silicone spatula. The silicone spatula is really useful, as it’ll fit most pots/pans and help scrape the sides of pots and pans.
The pot and bowl are made from stainless steel and aluminum respectively, which are both sturdy and durable. The spoon is made from stainless steel and has a strong, wide head for scooping food and mixing ingredients.
3. Camping Cookware Mess Kit Gear with Folding Camping Stove, Non-Stick Lightweight Pots Pan Set Backpack Cooking kit.
- LIGHTWEIGHT/MINI SIZE:one set camping cookware weights 1.65 lbs/0.75kg, this backpacking cookset is exceptionally lightweight so that your barely feel the weight within the pack on your back, and it take up little space.
- HIGHEST QUALITY/EASY CLEAN – anodized aluminum pot and frying pan make it easy to clean. Please add food or water before heating
- BEST PRICE/SAVE MONEY:Mini camping pots and pans set includes 18 pieces, 1 Frying Pan+1 Anodized Aluminum Pots+1 Pot Covers+1 Fork+1 Table Knife+1 spoom+1 spork+2 Bowls with 1 Soup Bowl+1 Gas stove+1 foldable silicon cup+1 Ladle+1 Loofah Sponge+1 carabiner +1 Polyester Cloth Bag+1 color box.
- SPACE SAVE/EASY TO CARRY:18 PCS camping cookware kit have a oxford bag to storage product and you can hang in your backpack or put in your pack. Pack size:6.3″x6.3″x3.5″/16x16x9cm. 1 Set
- If any piece broken,you can feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfying solution.
Additional Info :
By far, one of the best all-around camping cookware sets, the Camp Chef 12 piece set. It’s the one we’ve used for years for our own hiking and camping trips. Not only does it come with four non-stick pans, but it also includes a foldable camping stove, a durable nylon organizer, and a few other useful things. The set only weighs 2. 5 lbs.
which is pretty nice, considering how full it is. One of the main things we like about it is the non-stick coating. It makes cleaning up after a meal a breeze – no scraping the bottom of the pots.
4. Thermos Novelty Lunch Kit, Star Wars R2D2 with Lights and Sound (K41215006S)
- Reduce waste and save money by packing your child’s lunch in a thermos lunch kit;
- 100-percent pvc free with peva lining
- Superior quality closed cell polyethylene foam insulation
- Unique shapes with added features and embellishments
- Detailed screen printed graphics
Additional Info :
We start with the best thermos lunch kit on the market. The thermos novelty r2d2 with lights and sound lunch kit is made of stainless steel, which makes it very durable. The thermos itself can keep drinks cold for up to 24 hours. It comes with a separate insulated carrying case, which makes it easy to carry around. The case can also hold your food and drink, making it the best thermos novelty lunch kit for foodies that like to pack their meals.
The thermos is both leakproof and spill-resistant. The thermos and insulated case both have a great design. The thermos is easy to clean, and the insulated case keeps your food and drink cool and fresh.
5. Odoland Camping Cookware Stove Carabiner Canister Stand Tripod and Stainless Steel Cup, Tank Bracket, Fork Spoon Kit for Backpacking, Outdoor Camping Hiking and Picnic
- Best Money Ever Spent: The 9 pieces camping cookware kit includes 1 mini stove + 2 aluminum non-stick pots + 1 spoon + 1 fork + 1 knife + 1 stainless steel cup (16oz) + 1 sillicone insulated cup protector + 2 Carry bag.
- Anti-slip & anti-heat handles: The anti-slip pot handles and the silicone cup protector are all anti-heat and can effectively protect your hands from injury. One Kit meets all your needs! You will definitely be amazed by this professional outdoor backpacking cooking set!
- Convenient & Incredibly Durable: The mini stove can be folded to save space. So do the handles on the pots. Build with non-toxic anodized aluminum and strong structure, each pot is solid and lightweight. It conducts heat quickly and is a must-have survival gear that built to last for long time.
- Easy to Carry: Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this cookware set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
- Enjoy Cooking Anywhere You Go: This awesome camp cookware set is designed for anyone loves outdoor camping cooking with families and friends! It is super-portable, making it much more convenient for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic and other outdoor activities!
Additional Info :
The first product on our list is the Odoland Camping Cookware Stove Carabiner Canister Stand Tripod and Stainless Steel Cup, Tank Bracket, Fork Spoon Kit for Backpacking, Outdoor Camping, Hiking, and Picnic. This camping cookware is from Odoland, which is a well-known manufacturer of camping equipment. This bracklet’s design is compact and durable, which ensures the stability of heaters and pots. It is made of stainless steel and has a capacity of 1.
375L. This is a great choice for those who want quality and compatibility.
6. Odoland 6pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Lightweight Pot, Stove, Spork and Carry Mesh Bag, Great for Backpacking Outdoor Camping Hiking and Picnic
- Best Money Ever Spent: The 6 pcs camping cookware kit includes 2 aluminum non-stick pots + 1 camping stove + 1 spork + 1 cleaning cloth+ 1 Carry bag.
- Convenient & Incredibly Durable: The camp stove can be folded to save space. So do the handles on the pots. Build with non-toxic anodized aluminum and strong structure, each pot is solid and lightweight. It conducts heat quickly and is a must-have survival gear that built to last for long time.
- All-In-One Package: All the stuffs can be packed together, so as your gas tank. This set is special designed for daily backing, small size and enough space for your gas tank.
- Easy to Carry: Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
- Enjoy Cooking Anywhere You Go: This awesome cookware kit is designed for anyone loves outdoor camping with families and friends! It is super-portable, making it much more convenient for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic and other outdoor activities!
Additional Info :
For something that is lightweight and is perfect for camping, the Odoland 6-piece camping mess kit is an excellent choice. It is made with aluminum that makes it super lightweight, easy to carry and sturdy. It is really practical because it comes with 6 different pieces that are perfect for preparing different foods. One of the pots has a stove so you can boil water to make coffee or tea.
It also has a fork, spoon and spork to eat your food and a water decanter to drink your favorite beverage. The carry mesh bag provides convenience because it can carry all the mess kit in one go. The Odoland 6-piece mess kit is also lightweight and durable.
7. OUOYYO 13pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Stove Camping Pots and Pans Set Carabiner Folding Knife Fork Spoon Kit Carry Mesh Bag for Overnight Backpacking Trip Hiking Picnic
- ☀【Safe Material】The camping pots and pans set are made of food hygiene grade aluminum material,lightweight, durable, abrasion resistant and non-stick processing.Also heat conduction is quick
- ☀【Totally Decent Set】This camping gear includes non-stick camping pan x1,pot x1,wooden spatula x1,camping cooking stove x1,stainless steel foldable knife x1/fork x1/spoon x1,bowls x3,carabiner x1,loofah sponge x1,portable nylon set bag x2,soup ladle x1
- ☀【Humanized Design】Pot/Pan Heat-insulating handle that does not conduct heat prevent you from scalding.In addition,anti-slip processing is applied so that you can enjoy cooking effectively
- ☀【Portable Camping Stove】the mini stove packing specification 4 by 5 by 8 cm and the fire board specification 9.5 by 9.5 cm,easy to carry ,keep in a plastic box,light and small.Equited with adjustable valve for flame control,TAKES ABOUT 3 MINS TO BOIL 1 LITER OF WATER.Note,Fuel NOT Include
- ☀【Camping Gear Must Haves】 Compact and portable, all the objects in this cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry. Plenty of SPACE for Storing the Fuel Canister.Fuel NOT Included.Great for overnight backpacking trip hiking picnic outdoor cook
Additional Info :
If you love the lightweight and compact design of the ouoyyo camping cookware set, it’s worth checking out the other 13 pieces. This mess kit includes a large pot that’s perfect for boiling water, a smaller sauce pan, a fork, spoon, and a knife. It’s all stored in a durable carabiner-style pouch that’s easy to clip to your pack, meaning you can keep all your gear together and access it easily, when you need it.
What makes the ouoyyo camping cookware set so appealing? For one thing, you get a lot for your money.
8. MSR PocketRocket Ultralight Camping and Backpacking Stove Kit
- Lightweight rugged stove kit accommodates backpacking duos with a camping stove, cooking pot, and dishes and utensils for two
- Complete kit, including stove and cook set, weighs just 25.8 ounces (732 grams)
- MSR PocketRocket canister stove (fuel sold separately) boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes
- Compact nested design packs all kit contents easily into the cooking pot; complete kit measures 5.5 x 6.25 inches
- Includes PocketRocket stove, 2-liter aluminum pot, two deep dish bowls, two 12.5-ounce double-wall insulated mugs, strainer lid, two folding sporks
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for the lightest stove on the market, the msr pocketrocket ultralight camping and backpacking stove kit is the one for you. This stove weighs a mere 0. 4lbs, which is practically nothing considering what it can do. The stove has a max fuel capacity of 500ml, which is more than enough for an evening meal.
In addition to that, the stove burns wood and twigs with no trouble at all. This means you can use it on your camping trips even if you’re not sure what kind of firewood you’ll find on the trail.
9. Camping Cookware Set Portable Camp Stove with Lightweight Pots and Pans Set Non-Stick Backpacking Cooking Set Camping Mess Kit with Folding Fork for Outdoor Hiking Picnic
- 【Complete Camping Cooking set】:The mini stove with piezo ignition, Stove storage box, two anode oxidations with heat insulation wrap non-stick pot (medium size and small size), portable carabiner, wooden spoons,304 Stainless steel folding spoon with fork, tableware portable bag, sponge made of loofah, portable nylon set bag. (Tip: both of anode oxidation can be used as a cooking pot, the small one can be used as lid)
- 【2-3 Person Camping Mess Kit】: Non-stick pan&pot set and collapsible piezoelectric ignition canister stove (No Gas) is designed perfectly for 2-3 people.This portable outdoor cooking set conducts heat quickly and is a must-have survival gear that built to last for long time. Perfect compact for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnics, outdoor adventures, and other outdoor activities.
- 【Lightweight and Portable】: All the accessories in the set can be put into the largest pot, and cover the lid of the small pot to ensure that all accessories are not left behind. Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. The diameter is only 4.7 inches, the height is 6.1 inches, and the weight is only 1.26LB.Also equipped with a nylon net bag with hanging rope, which is very convenient to carry.
- 【Anti-slip & anti-heat Handles】:The pot has a foldable handle, with anti-slip and scalding functions, which can effectively protect your hands from injury. The foldable design handle can save your space, The mesh bag is equipped with a shrink rope for easy hanging on the backpack.You can use it cooking, boil water, fry eggs, etc
- 【Enjoy Cooking Anywhere You Go】:Take a Beteray backpacking cooking set to enjoy camping anytime, anywhere for 1-3 days. You can use it cooking, boil water, fry eggs, etc
Etc. The best lightweight camping cookware set includes a 3-piece pot and pan set, a frying pan, and a mug. All of the products are made of lightweight aluminum, which makes them very portable and easy to carry. The frying pan is a unique design, with a large diameter and semi-circle shape. It is capable of holding up to 10. 5 quarts of heat.
This is the ideal camp stove for preparing meals and boiling water. The 3-piece pot is made of aluminum, which makes it lightweight and durable. It has a large capacity with a diameter of 7. 25 inches. It can hold up to 5 quarts of heat.
10. Extremus Portable Camping Stove, Backpacking Stove, Hiking Stove, Pocket Stove, Mini Camp Stove, Compact Wind Resistant Camping Stove for Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, and Tailgating, Ultralight
- Key Features – Compact design for easy storage and travel (1.5”x 2”x3.2”) – Adjustable cooking surface – Durable aircraft aluminum construction – Includes draw string storage bag and folding utensils
- DURABLE COMPACT DESIGN – The Extremus Portable Camp Stove is made from durable yet lightweight aircraft aluminum making it ideal for all your hiking and camping adventures. It folds down to only 1.5”x 2”x 3.2” and easily fits into a hiking backpack or travel bag.
- EASY TO USE – The cooking surface expands to support up to an 8” diameter cooking pot. Burner is designed for optimal air flow to efficiently create heat for cooking. It can easily be adjusted from simmer to a full boil by turning the fuel valve.
- FUEL – Use butane/butane-propane single fuel canisters to power your stove. The 7/16” threads are compatible with most standard canisters. Note the Extremus Portable Camp Stove does NOT fit onto standard propane canisters. Fuel is not included.
- STORAGE BAG & UTENSILS – Extremus Portable Camp Stoves comes with a handy storage bag, includes as a bonus one compact folding fork and one compact folding spoon.
Additional Info :
|Color||Orange Backpack Stove|
, super light-weight, top 5 best pocket camping stoves list, rated by most usersA well-known brand in the market of camping and backpacking gear, Extremus has created an amazing pocket stove. With its ultralight-weight, compact size, this stove is one of the best pocket stoves you can use to boil water or cook food. The stove can boil a liter of water in about 4 minutes. That’s not a very long time considering the compact size of the stove.
The stove is made of titanium, with a copper bottom plate. The copper bottom plate provides even heating, preventing the stove from overheating.
A Guide to Choosing the Right backpack stove kits
If you’re looking for a hiking stove kit with a built-in water container, the options are limited. As far as I can tell, the only hiking stove that has a built-in water reservoir is the Jetboil Mefo 5. 0. But the GSI Outdoors Alta HA 1 is also good if you’re looking for a small water reservoir. Otherwise, you’ll need to buy a separate water reservoir and the majority of hiking stove kits don’t come with one. Fortunately, there are plenty of options with a water reservoir, including the backpack stoves we’ve already looked at, so you don’t have to buy anything extra. What else should I consider when choosing a hiking stove?
I’d recommend checking out the Jetboil Flash boilpot as it:
Allows you to boil water faster than most other options. Has a built-in cup/lid holder. Is compatible with most Jetboil cookware. Allows you to use your stove in conjunction with a water bottle (although you’ll need to get a separate cup holder). Is compatible with most cookware. Is larger than most other options. Has a longer burn time. Is more expensive.
Is heavier. Is harder to clean. Has a shorter warranty. Is less environmentally friendly. Has a smaller water reservoir. Is only compatible with Jetboil cookware. I haven’t tried the Jetboil Flash boilpot myself, but I think it’s a great option if you can afford it. However, if you can’t afford the Jetboil Flash, don’t worry. There are other great options out there, such as the MSR Titan, that are cheaper and lighter. But if you can afford the Jetboil Flash, I think it’s definitely worth considering. What kind of hiking stove do I need?
Backpacking stoves come in two main forms:
Portable stoves that you set up in a campground or on the street and then pack away when you’re finished. Hiking stoves that you pack with you on your hiking trip and take with you into the backcountry.
FAQ Questions and Answers
(i.e. stoves that you can attach to the side of your backpack) are not the best stoves to use while backpacking. Do you still have any questions about backpacking stoves?
In this guide, we’ll review 10 of the best camping stoves for backpacking. We’ll also outline some key things to consider when buying, to help you choose the perfect stove for your backpacking adventures. No time to spare Here are our top 3 picks.
Contents What is a backpacking stove There are a few different types of backpacking stove, each suited to different uses.
While stove kits are great to use while camping, they are not the best choice for backpacking. The problem with using stove kits while backpacking is that they are not as efficient as a standalone, fuel-burning stove. And even though a stove kit can be attached to the side?
Of a backpack, the weight of the stove and the extra gear is a hassle. The thing is, though, that you can actually make a great backpacking stove that weighs practically nothing, requiring only a few tools and some basic parts.
It’s not rocket science! And the best part is that the backpacking stove can be a part of your kitchen in no time! It’s a win-win situation for both.
Backpack stoves are the best thing that’s happened to backcountry cooking in recent years. It allows you to enjoy the great outdoors without having to lug around a heavy and bulky stove. But it’s also important to choose the right model. There are a lot of options out there, and it can be hard to figure out which one is the best one for you.
Hopefully, this buyer’s guide has helped you find the right model. If you have experience with any of the backpacking stoves featured, please share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
If you have a question that’s not addressed here, please don’t hesitate to ask.