Are very useful in many ways. They are lightweight, sturdy and can be fixed anywhere. So, if you want to pack light and save a lot of space, then a backpacking cookset is the right thing for you. However, choosing the right backpacking cookset is not easy. There are hundreds of brands and models of the pots out there and you may get confused. But to make your decision easy, we have reviewed the top-rated backpacking cookset on the market.
Read on to know who our top pick is. We have taken into consideration the material used in making these pots and also the layout of each one. So, in this article, we have compiled a complete buying guide for you. Before that, we have reviewed the top-rated pots on the market and also explained in details who we are and why we are reviewing the products.
Best backpacking cookset stainless steels : Top 10 Picks for 2022
Are the most common metals used in backpacking cooksets. They are light and durable. Best of all, they are affordable, which is why they are so popular. However, because they are so common, there are quite a few models on the market.
So, how do you choose?
We have reviewed 12 of the best backpacking cooksets on the market. We have also outlined some key considerations when buying.
1. Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set – 24oz Kettle with 2 Cups – Stainless Steel Camping Cookware with Vented Lids & Foldable + Locking Handle – Lightweight Cook Pot for Backpacking/Hiking/Camping
- IDEAL OUTDOOR ACCESSORIES: The Stanley cook kit is perfect for outdoor cooking for hot meals, coffee, or boiling water Our cooking pots come with a vented top to let steam escape or strain liquid This is a great survival supplies gift too
- VERSATILE HANDLE: We designed the handle to provide maximum comfort and stability while it’s on the stove The locking handle extends for stable cooking but folds over the lid to save space with the rest of your gear
- DURABLE AND BPA-FREE: The kettle / coffee maker is constructed with 18/8 stainless steel and features two insulated portable 10oz/295mL tumblers to enjoy hot and cold beverages The entire kit is made with BPA free materials
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The stovetop mess kit with cups loaded weighs 13 9oz and empty it’s only 7 8oz which makes it travel and backpack friendly The kettle has graduated marks going up to 20oz
Additional Info :
If you are looking for the perfect lightweight camping cookware, Stanley Adventure Camp cookware is your best choice. In addition to its vented lids, it has foldable handles for easy storage. And it’s not just about its lightweight. The quality of the material is impressive too. It’s made of stainless steel, which is durable and won’t rust or corrode.
Plus, the 24oz kettle has a durable plastic handle, as well as a lightweight stainless steel spout with a pour-through design. This ensures that you won’t burn your hands when pouring boiling water. The two-piece cook pot (with latch lid) is versatile enough.
2. Stanley Even Heat Camp Pro Cookset, 11-Piece Camping Cookware Set with Stainless Steel Pots and Pans, Utensils, Lids, and Cooking Accessories, Outdoor Travel Kit for Backpacking, Hiking, and Fishing
- CAMP LIKE A PRO: Everything you need to whip up a hearty meal This 11-piece camping cookware set includes a 4 75qt stock pot, 1 9qt saucepan, 8 5” frying pan, vented lids, collapsible cutting board, spatula, spoon, two trivets, and locking bungee
- EVEN-HEAT DESIGN: We’ve crafted the cooking pots and pans with a unique, multi-layer bottom The result? Even heating over campfires, stove tops, and grills The whole camping coking sets nests together to save on space
- LEGENDARY STANLEY QUALITY: Whether you’re camping, hiking, backpacking, or tailgating, these outdoor cooking accessories withstand all the adventure The dishwasher-safe pots and pans are made using 18/8 stainless steel that won’t rust or break
- PERFECT GIFT: Looking for the best gifts for outdoorsmen? A Father’s Day, Christmas, or birthday gift for the man obsessed with nature? The Stanley Even-Heat Camp Pro Cookset is just what you need to celebrate the occasion
Additional Info :
With the Stanley Even Heat Camp Pro Cookset, you get an impressive 11 piece set that can be used for a wide variety of cooking jobs. For example, the set includes three stainless steel pots and two stainless steel bowls. These pots are among the best ones that you can find in the market. They are extremely durable, which means that you can use them for a very long period of time without fearing that they might fail.
You can use them to make your favorite soups and stews. They are also perfect for making meals for large groups of people. One of the things that I like the most about this cookset is the fact that it has a very convenient carrying case.
3. Bisgear Camping Cookware 18/8 Plates Outdoor Stove Kettle Pot Pan Mess Kit Stainless Steel Cup Utensil Backpacking Gear Bug Out Bag Cooking Picnic Cookset for 2 Person
- BUILT TO LAST! : Highest Quality Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset & Stainless Steel Cup Plates Utensil (instead of other plastic dinnerware) is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 2 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker.
- SAVE MONEY/COMPACT: The 2 person camping cookware set includes 1x pot, 6.8×3.6”, 1x frying pan, 7.1*1.7”, 1x 0.8L kettle , 2 x 7” Stainless Steel Plates, 2 x 8oz/230ml Stainless Steel Cup, 2 x FOLDING STAINLESS STEEL SPORK/SPOON,2 x SPOON, 2 x SPORK, 2 x KNIFE, 1 x net bag for storage, 1 x D-shaped buckle.
- WORRY FREE WILDERNESS & SAVING SPACE: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the Bisgear Camp Kitchen Set. Entire 16 piece mess kit collapses into small bundle for easy control and storage.
- Enjoy Cooking Anywhere You Go: This awesome cookware kit is designed for anyone loves outdoor camping with families and friends! It is super-portable, making it much more convenient for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic and other outdoor activities!
Additional Info :
This is a high quality set of camping cookware. It is made of stainless steel, which is both durable, and easy to clean. If you are looking for something that will last a long time, this is the right choice. The quality of this camping cookware is evident as soon as you hold them in your hands. They are very lightweight, and easy to carry around as you set up your camping kitchen.
There are plenty of uses for this set of cookware. It is ideal for outdoor cooking and tailgating, as well as for camping and hiking. You can also use it in your home kitchen, since the quality is so good.
4. Bisgear 13pcs Camping Cookware Stove Stainless Steel Cup with Straw Mess Kit – Backpacking Cooking Gear Hiking Pot Pans Outdoors Cookset Bug Out Bag Carabiner Flatware Dishcloth
- Bisgear 12pcs Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit Includes Stainless Steel Foldable Fork/Spoon/Knife/Spork + Backpacking Stove With Piezo Ignition + Stove Pocket + Medium Anodized Aluminum Pot(4.8″ *4.1″(Approx.) )+ Small Anodized Aluminum Pot(2.4″ * 4.5″(Approx.) ) + Canister Stand Tripod + Carabiner + Portable Mesh Bag.
- The anti-slip pot handles and the silicone cup protector are all anti-heat and can effectively protect your hands from injury. One Kit meets all your needs! You will definitely be amazed by this professional outdoor camping cookware kit!
- Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
- Camp Stove is made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel which can stand high temperature and weight; High-energy ceramic piezoelectric ignition system make it very convenience for outside camping or hiking. Compact and collapsible design combined with a carrying case for enhanced portability.
- It is efficient with gas consumption (gas is not included), and this thing gets ripping if you want it to! The secondary pot can also be flipped upside down (like in the picture) and used as a lid to boil water even faster and more efficiently. The lips of each pot fit together securely, so they’re plenty stable to use in unison.
Additional Info :
Whether you’re backpacking or just want to lighten your camping gear, this 13-piece stainless steel set is a definite buy. The pots, pans, and cups are of stainless steel, which are lightweight, durable, and easy to pack. The pots and pans are also flat, which makes them easy to pack and store. The only thing you have to be careful with is the sharp edges of the pots and pans.
This camping cookware set comes with a carrying strap, which makes the whole thing easy to carry. This strap also ensures that the kits don’t fall off during hiking, a big no-no. The mess kit is leak-free, and it can be used to store leftovers.
5. Snow Peak Al Dente Cook Set – Made of Polished Stainless Steel with Stylish Wooden Handles
- Large Gatherings: This cook set is ideal on a stove or over a fire to cook for larger groups
- Durable: The Al Dente cooking set includes 2 pots, 2 lids, and a mesh strainer
- Stainless Travel Companion: This is your go-to cook set for camping, hiking, or backpacking trips
- Outdoor Dining Bliss: Enjoy the outdoors with our products’ minimalism and elegance
- Snow Peak: Our backpacking and camping products are made using a historic manufacturing process
Additional Info :
The snow peak al dente cook set is one of my all-time favorite pieces of cookware because of the stylish, practical design and how well it performs. As you can see from the image, the set is made of polished stainless steel with stylish wooden handles. The bottom is made of plastic, which makes for a lightweight, easy-to-carry set. Plus, the handles are flat, so they’re easy to store in your cupboard or pack in your luggage.
The set consists of a saucepan, a tea towel holder, a whisk, and a slotted spoon. It’s also dishwasher safe for easy cleanup, and the quality is surprisingly high given the price.
6. GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Camper 4 Person Packable Cookware & Dinnerware Set for Camping or Backpacking
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR CAR CAMPING OR BACKPACKING: Versitile, compact nesting design lets you reconfigure the set from 2 person backpacking to 4 person car camping. Includes dining ware & cookware for four!
- VERSATILITY: Stainless steel makes it safe to use on the stove, over coals or a fire. Teflon Free!
- DURABILITY AND DESIGN: Stainless steel material makes these incredibly durable while providing more even heat distribution. Clever and compact nesting design means that you can store enough cookware and dining war for four in the footprint of one pot!
- VALUE: When compared to other materials such as aluminum and titanium, stainless steel material makes this camp set more durable but lighter on your wallet.
- LIFETIME : GSI Outdoors spent over 30 years building quality, performance products and stands behind them 100%. GSI Outdoors warranties all products for the original owner against manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the product.
Additional Info :
If you are a foodie, you will appreciate the quality of the gear you carry. The gsi outdoors glacier stainless camper 4 person packable cookware & dinnerware set contains everything you need for camping or backpacking. This camping gear set includes:
4 stainless steel camping pots and 1 stainless steel folding camp stove. 1 12-inch cast aluminum skillet. 1 10-inch cast aluminum skillet. 4 stainless steel camping cups.
1 stainless steel folding knife and fork. 2 stainless steel spoons. all are dishwasher safe. 1 stainless steel folding camp table & 2 camping chairs.
7. Coughlans Stainless Steel Cook Set, 8.5″ x 8.5″ x 5″ (1814)
- Cook set ideal for backpacking, family car camping trips, in the RV, and more featuring durable stainless steel construction
- Intended for use on gas stoves and heating elements
- Strong Stainless Steel Construction
- Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
For anyone who is looking for a basic, all-around cook set, this one is a great choice because it has all the things you may need. This set has a stainless steel material, which is extremely durable and has a nice, smooth finish that makes it easy to clean. In terms of the dimensions, the set comes with an 8. 5″ x 8.
5″ x 5″ overall size, which is perfect for most home grilling needs. What’s more? The material of this cookware is non-reactive, which means you can use any kind of seasoning you like on the surface, including oil, butter, or even salt.
8. Stanley Adventure Stainless Steel Camping Cooking Set for Two 1.0L / 1.1 QT with Bowls and Sporks – 6 Piece Camp Cook Set – Stainless Steel Pot with Lid – Cookware for Backpacking and Camping
- DINNER FOR TWO: Enjoy delicious hot food straight from the campfire or camp stove. The Stanley stainless steel 6-piece cook set is perfect to cook a tasty meal for two in a 1.0L stainless steel pot. When it’s time to eat, 2 bowls and 2 sporks allow for sharing. It can hold a small canister of fuel and it nests for easy carry-in and carry-out.
- VERSATILE HANDLE: Stanley designed the handle to provide maximum comfort and stability while it’s on the stove. The locking pot handle extends for stable cooking. When packing up, the handle folds over the lid to lock your cook set and save space.
- EASY TO CLEAN: This outdoor cook set is designed to clean easily. Every piece of this stainless steel cook set is dishwasher safe, top rack only.
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
Additional Info :
The Stanley Adventure 6-piece Camp Cookware Set is a super convenient, all-in-one set for those looking for a way to have a complete and ready-to-go camping kitchen. With this particular set, you get a 1. 0-quart / 1. 1-quart stock pot, a 1. 5-quart / 1. 7-quart pot, a 3. 0-quart / 3.
8-quart pot, a 5. 0-quart / 5. 7-quart pot, and a 1. 0-quart / 1. 1-quart pot. The stainless steel material ensures that the pots are both durable and lightweight.
9. Esbit 585ml Solid Fuel Stainless Steel Stove & Cookset for Hiking & Camping
- Great for 1-2 person multi-day treks where light weight and compact size are important
- Pot with volume indicators in ml/oz., 2 hinged, stainless steel, silicone-coated grips
- Windscreen/pot stand designed for use with Esbit solid Fuel tablets (Fuel not included)
- Pot constructed from stainless steel
- Includes 585 ml pot, lid, and a Windscreen/pot stand that is highly efficient at transmitting heat
Additional Info :
The first on my list of the best esbit stoves and cooksets for hiking, camping and backpacking is the one by Esbit, the 585ml solid fuel stainless steel stove & cookset. This set includes a solid fuel stove with a foldable handle and a cookset with a foldable handle as well. The stove and the cookset are made of stainless steel, which means they are quite durable. In addition to that, they are also fairly easy to clean, since they are made of stainless steel.
The stove features an adjustable flame control valve, which is also a nice addition. Adjusting the flame is usually a hassle, but with this valve, it is no longer a hassle at all.
10. Esbit 985ml Stainless Steel Cookset with Alcohol Burner
- 985 ml Stainless Steel pot with volume indicator in ml/oz.; 470 Stainless Steel ml pot that also serves as lid
- Brass constructed alcohol burner with a screw top; rubber gasket; variable temperature control; fold-away handle that helps to regulate or extinguish flame
- Pot stand and alcohol burner nest inside big pot
- Pot stand constructed from extremely light weight, hard-anodized aluminum for efficient heat transfer
- Includes stand, 985 ml pot, 470 ml pot/lid and alcohol burner
Additional Info :
Esbit is one of the first brands to introduce the alcohol burner in their cooksets. This stainless steel model is one of the best alcohol burners on the market. You won’t have to wait long to start your meal either as the fuel bottle is incredibly easy to use. The bottle screws off and you can fill it with any standard drink or fuel, including white gas.
Just press the bottle into the burner and it will open, allowing you to pour fuel into the burner. If you’re concerned about the safety of the burner, you can rest assured that you’re only getting what you pay for. The burner itself is made from stainless steel, with a cast-iron burner head.
Sorting Out the backpacking cookset stainless steels That Are Right for You
Are a type of cookset that are designed to be carried by a single person. While this may seem like the most basic of all possible backpacking cookware options, a lot of people still choose to use stainless steel instead of plastic. The first reason is weight. Stainless steel is much heavier than even the heaviest of all plastic backpacking cookware options. And if you’re backpacking solo or in a group, weight is always going to be important. The second thing is durability. The fact of the matter is that stainless steel is pretty hard to scratch or dent. This means your stainless steel backpacking cookware option will last a lot longer than plastic alternatives. And finally, you can use stainless steel cookware on pretty much any type of stove. So if you don’t like using wood, you can use your stainless steel backpacking cookware option on a gas stove or even just your campfire. As for what type of stainless steel is actually best, it’s the 18/10 or 16/10 variety. This is because 18/10 is really resistant to rust and 16/10 is really resistant to corrosion. Also, 18/10 is also more affordable than 16/10 as well.
16/10 is much more durable, but it’s also more expensive. So if you want to spend a little less money on backpacking cookware, 18/10 is the way to go. Now, I’m not going to lie to you, there are downsides to stainless steel backpacking cookware. The first one is that they are heavier and more expensive than the majority of plastic options. However, if you’re looking for the best possible backpacking cookware option, stainless steel is definitely the way to go. What material should I choose for my backpacking cookset?
Backpacking cookware needs to be durable, but also lightweight. Stainless steel is able to fulfill both of these requirements, but what about plastic?
The first type of plastic is gray or blue in color. It’s resistant to oil and scratch-resistant too. However, it’s not really resistant to rust. The other type of plastic is green, orange or red in color. It’s resistant to both scratching and rust.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best stainless steel cooksets for backpacking are designed for durability, weight, and most importantly, versatility. So for that, I’d have to say the MSR Trailmate Stainless Cookset. It meets all of these requirements and is the ideal backpacking cookset for the avid hiker or camper.
Stainless steel is one of the most durable cooking vessels you can buy. It’s also easy to clean and won’t rust or corro?
De easily. And that means it’s perfect for that extended backpacking trip. The Trailmate comes in a lightweight package with four stainless steel pots and one ladle/spoon.
Each pot has a secure, leak-resistant lid and a comfortable handle. I’m a big fan of the stainless steel lids as they are easy to clean and they don’t impart a metallic taste to your food.
Eries stainless steel cookset. Stainless steel backpacking cookset set includes: 8-piece cookware set, skillet, lid, mug, strainer, bowl, and spice/tear-off card. The best backpacking cookset is a combination of durability, style, and convenience. It needs to be lightweight, compact, and durable, and it needs to look nice too.
Hopefully, this article has given you a good idea of what to look for when purchasing a backpacking cookset. The best way to find the right one is to carefully consider the various aspects of the product, as well as its features and budget.