This is where our buying and review guide can help you saving you money. To assist you in making the most effective purchase, we’ve put together this list of the dehumidifier as along with buying guides.
Look over them to identify the ones that are reliable and reliable prior to purchasing. If you’re seeking something budget-friendly, or something that’s not included in the package, we’ve got it for you.
Follow This Table For Quickly Selection A dehumidifier
Top 15 Best dehumidifier Reviews for 2022
1. hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for Medium to Large Rooms and Basements
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This Energy Star certified model is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminates Moisture Effectively: Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 118 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 135 for maximum moisture removal.
- Important Things To Know: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 0.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
Additional Info :
2. COLZER 164 Pints Commercial Dehumidifiers with Continuous Drain Hose for Basements Warehouse Grow Room, Water Damage Restoration Dehumidifiers with 1.32 Gallon Water Reservoir – 20.5 Gallon/Day
- 👍【164 PPD Dehumidifier】Up to 164 pints (20.5 gallons) moisture removal per day (90 PPD AHAM), this large capacity dehumidifier can dry your basements, warehouses, grow rooms, garages, wine cellars, workshop, and any spaces up to 7,000 sq ft perfectly.
- 👍【Fast Drying】This large room dehumidifier operates at a high airflow rate of 206 CFM for rapidly eliminating moisture, also works well for urgent water damage restoration, fast structural drying, and other jobs that require fast dry.
- 👍【Effortless Humidity Control】This commercial dehumidifier featuring automatic humidistat will read the room temperature and humidity level, auto ON/OFF to maintain the room humidity at setpoint, auto-restart after power outages, and auto defrost.
- 👍【Convenient Drainage Options】Simply attach the included 6.56 ft drain hose to this commercial-grade dehumidifier to drain the condensation automatically and continuously by gravity. This high-efficiency dehumidifier builts in a 1.3-gallon water reservoir allowing to use somewhere without floor drain. The large dehumidifier will auto OFF when the reservoir is full to prevent overflow.
- 👍【Reliable Construction & Easy Mobility】This heavy-duty dehumidifier is made of a metal outer casing which is anti-collision and anti-corrosion, ensuring long-term use and easy maintenance. With large semi-pneumatic wheels and sturdy bar handle, this industrial size dehumidifier is easy and safe to transport from job to job, and even from downstairs to upstairs.
Additional Info :
|Color||black & white|
3. GE Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier 35 Pint, Perfect for Bedroom, Basement & Garage, Ideal for High Humidity Areas, Complete with Empty Bucket Alarm, Clean Filter Alert & LED Digital Controls, White
- 35 PINT – This GE Energy Star dehumidifier removes 35 pints of moisture from the air every day. This model is ideal for very damp rooms, with excessive moisture, anywhere in the home, basement or garage.
- EMPTY BUCKET ALARM – This feature alerts you if the bucket, which has a capacity of 1.1 gallons, is full or missing. The alarm will sound for 10 seconds to let you know it’s time to empty or replace the bucket.
- CLEAN FILTER ALERT – The unit works best with a clean filter, so we’ll remind you when it’s time to clean it.
- EASE OF USE – The pocket handles make it easy to transport between rooms. Other features like the adjustable humidistat, 3 fan speeds, auto restart and auto defrost features provide ease of use and effective moisture removal from very damp rooms.
- LED DIGITAL CONTROLS – Let you clearly see and manage your settings.
Additional Info :
4. 1500 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Large Room and Basements, HUMILABS 22 Pints Dehumidifiers with Auto or Manual Drainage, 0.528 Gallon Water Tank with Drain Hose, Intelligent Humidity Control, Auto Defrost, Dry Clothes, 24HR Timer
- 【1500 Sq. Ft Home Dehumidifier】Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 22 pints (under 95°F, 90%RH condition) of moisture per day and adjust humidity from 30% to 80%. This energy-saving dehumidifier is ideal to dry a damp room up to 1500 – 2000 sq ft. Perfect for homes, basements, offices, living rooms, bedrooms, garages, laundry rooms, cellars and other places.
- 【Multiple Humanized Features】The specially designed drying mode is very suitable for wet weather or seasons. It can remove excessive moisture from clothes and keep them dry and clean. Two different fan speeds can meet different needs. The 36dB low-noise design keeps you away from disturbing noises while sleeping or studying. Set a 12-hour timer to suit your lifestyle and save energy costs. The auto defrost function prevents the collected water from being frozen and doing harm to the machine.
- 【Auto & Manual Two Drainage】Easy to use! Auto Drainage: This basement dehumidifier is equipped with a 3.3ft drain hose that can connect to the drain pipe hole to continuously drain the water without emptying the water tank multiple times. Manual Drainage: The water tank is 0.528 gallon/2L so when it reaches the maximum capacity, the dehumidifier will automatically stop and the “tank full” indicator will light up until the water tank is emptied. No worries about the risk of the water overflowing.
- 【Compact & Portable Design For The Modern Home】The design of HUMILABS dehumidifier is stylish and modern. Considering that most bulky dehumidifiers are difficult to move. With the designed 360° rotatable wheels and built-in grip, you can move our dehumidifier around easily without scratching the floor. Meanwhile, with the detachable and washable filter, it is easy to clean and use many times for easy maintaining.
- 【Intelligent Control】This small dehumidifier with digital display can provide convenient and accurate humidity readings. You can customize the dehumidification requirements (30% to 80%) according to your needs. Meanwhile, it has a 3 different color lights (Blue, Green and Red) that can directly display the environmental humidity. Automatic Shut Off/On will shut off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied.
Additional Info :
5. Aprilaire E80 Pro 80 Pint Dehumidifier for Crawl Spaces, Basements, Whole Homes, Commercial up to 4,400 sq. ft.
- PROTECT YOUR HOUSE – Reduces & controls basement & whole home humidity to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors, and mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in a sealed crawl space
- SET AND FORGET – Smart sensing technology automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – Energy Star Most Efficient Certified Dehumidifier removes up to 80 PPD of moisture using less energy, reducing the impact on your energy bill and the environment
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up – just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a floor drain
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, Aprilaire Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
Additional Info :
6. BUBLUE 2000 Sq. Ft 25 Pint Dehumidifier for Basements, Home and Large Room with Auto or Manual Drainage | 36 db Industry Leading Noise Reducing | Integrated Air Filters, 3 Operation Modes, Clothes Drying
- POWERFUL AND ADVANCED: A 9.8 x 8.7 x 15.5 inches dehumidifier with drain hose for large rooms is perfect for use in basement, bathroom, bedroom, garage, or home. Dehumidification is supported by advanced inner hardwares: powerful and reduced energy consumption compressor enables a maximum removal of 25 pints moisture per day (under 86°F, 80%RH condition). Centrifugal engine and unobstructed air outlet enable rapid and smooth emission of air that covers up to 2000 Sq. Ft
- MULTITUDINOUS ARRAY OF FUNCTIONS: A portable dehumidifier and clothes dryer with air filters: dehumidification function has three operation modes, with intelligent mode for daily usage, continuous mode for extreme damp weathers, and sleeping mode for nighttime, as well as a 24hr Timer for auto turn on/shut off; air filtration function is supported by filter and the anion generator that releases anions to reduce dust and odor; clothes drying becomes fast and easy enabled by dehumidification
- LOW ENGINE NOISE: 36db Industry Leading Noise Reducing: guarantees quiet presence of the dehumidifier during your working hours, family talks, TV binging hours, and nighttime sleep
- HUMANE FEATURES FOR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY: Child safety lock protects children and pets from causing unintentional harm; 3 colored indicator lights ensure a clear display and convenient check of the current humidity; 0.53 gallon visible water tank gives a straightforward view of the water level; 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomic handles guarantee easy mobility; 2 drainage options (auto & manual) give you flexible methods of water drainage
- WARRANTY & DRAIN HOSE: A 2-year paperless (environmentally friendly) warranty included, automatically activated upon receiving your product. There’s also a drain hose included as a welcoming gift for your purchase. (If you have encountered any problem with the dehumidifier, please feel free to contact us directly. We will reply and offer solutions to your problem within 24 hours.)
Additional Info :
7. SIMSEN 95oz Dehumidifiers for Home, 7000 Cubic Feet(720 sq ft) Quiet Dehumidifier for Home with Drain Hose and 2 Working Modes, Portable Small Dehumidifiers for Bedroom Bathroom Basements Closet RV
- 【High Efficient Dehumidification】Unlike other dehumidifiers on the market, SIMSEN Upgraded dehumidifiers equipped with double dehumidification condenser, Maximum dehumidification area up to 720 sq ft. Quickly reduce the humidity of the room and dries the air. Removes the humidity from the atmosphere at a Dehumidification rate of 34oz(1000ml) per day, when test in 86°F and 80% RH environment. Help you improve air quality and create a healthier, more comfortable living environment.
- 【Safe & Smart Dehumidifier】SIMSEN Dehumidifier equipped with a 95oz(2800ml) water tank, SIMSEN Dehumidifier with drain hose, you can put it in the bathroom or kitchen, no need to pour water every day. Also has an auto-off function, when the water tank is full of water, the dehumidifier will automatically shut down and emit a red light, which is a reminder that you need to pour the water out. The dehumidifier is safe to use even when you are not at home.
- 【Ultra Quiet & Two Working Modes】The dehumidifier designed with high power mode and sleep mode that meet everyone’s various needs. You can freely switch between 2 modes. The sleep mode is super quiet, with a considerate 30dB whisper-quiet operation and sleep mode, let you sleep peacefully.
- 【Colorful Atmosphere Light】 The Dehumidifier comes with breathing atmosphere lights in various colors, It automatically changes color in the form of a breathing light, You can turn it on or off at any time. When you like a certain color, you just need to wait for the light to automatically change to that color and then press the light button to pause on the color you like. SIMSEN bedroom dehumidifier creates a sweet and romantic sleeping atmosphere for you.
- 【Create a Comfortable Environment】It is very suitable for rooms under 720 sq. ft, such as bathroom, small basement, bedroom, closet, kitchen. According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems, SIMSEN Dehumidifier can keep moisture below 45%, and it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you a healthy and comfortable environment.
- 【Professional Customer Service】SIMSEN dehumidifiers offer 60 days free exchange and refund service and TWO-YEAR warranty. If you encounter any problems, please contact us directly first. We provide lifetime customer service and tech support. 24 hours a day to service you at any time.
Additional Info :
8. LUKO 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifiers for Large Room and Basements, 30 Pints Dehumidifier with Drain Hose, Auto or Manual Drainage, 0.528 Gallon Water Tank, Auto Defrost, Dry Clothes Function, 24H Timer (white)
- 【2,000 sq ft Large Dehumidifier】Equipped with 3 upgraded air inlets, this home dehumidifier can effectively dehumidify 360° in all directions. Removes up to 30 pints (under 95°F, 90% RH) of moisture per day and adjusts the humidity level from 30% to 80%. This energy-saving dehumidifier is ideal to dry a damp room up to 2,000 sqft and is perfect for homes, basements, offices, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, stockrooms, living rooms, laundry rooms, cellars and crawlspaces.
- 【68oz Water Tank】Equipped with a large detachable 68oz(0.528 Gal) water tank, you can adjusted the dehumidifier to the ideal humidity setting, and let it run continuously for 24 hours until the water tank is full, the water tank indicator light will turn red and light up, it will automatically shut down to prevent water overflow. No time to empty it? With a drain hose outlet for continuous draining which comes with a 3.3ft long drain hose that you don’t need to empty the water tank anytime.
- 【Easy To Move & Maintain】Considering that most bulky dehumidifiers are difficult to move, this unit is designed with 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically designed handles, meaning that you can move it around easily without scratching the floor. Meanwhile, a detachable and washable filter can preserve fresh and clean air quality.
- 【Multiple Humanized Functions】With upgraded 360° airflow, this multifunctional dehumidifier offers a specifically designed laundry dry mode that can quickly remove excessive moisture from clothes and keep them dry and clean which makes it suitable for wet weather. Two different fan speeds will meet the various dehumidification needs of anyone by switching freely between the 2 modes. With 45dB ultra-quiet operation, and the night sleep mode provides a quiet environment so that you can sleep.
- 【Humidity Real-Time Intelligent Control】Simple to use! Our home dehumidifier has a adjustable electronic control panel with LED digital display, it can provide an accurate humidity level readout and automatic humidity control. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting (30%-80%). It will intelligently perceive any rooms humidity level and control dehumidification. Meanwhile, it is also equipped with an intelligent 3-color humidity level display lights: Red (20%-49%), Blue (50%-67%), Green (68%-81%).
Additional Info :
9. ALORAIR Sentinel HDi120 Commercial Dehumidifier with Pump, 235 Pints Whole Homes Dehumidifier for Crawl Spaces, Basements, up to 3,300 sq. ft. 5 Years Warranty, cETL, Optional Remote Monitoring
- ✔【235 PPD Dehumidifier】: With large water removal capacity up to 235 Pints (37 Gallons) per day at saturation, 120 PPD (18.9 Gallons) per day at AHAM, COMPACT SIZE (23.8” x 17.9” x 14.7”) In a space as large as 3,300 square feet, this heavy-duty dehumidifier can fit virtually every crawl space and basement and between joists and tight spaces need. Compact and light also equipped with quality carrier handles.
- ✔【Whole homes & Crawl Space & Basement & Commercial use】: This unit has a wide range of applications including crawl spaces, basements, warehouses, offices, factories, shops, apartments, storage areas, restaurants, bars, and museums, up to 3,300 sq. ft… Plug it in, set the target humidity, and you’re done.
- ✔【Microchannel Condenser Technology】BUILT TO LAST with Microchannel Condenser. The use of Microchannel Condenser Technology can improve the 50% dispersion effect of condenser, 30% heat exchange area and 50% refrigerant quantity. The efficiency of the dehumidifier can be increased. All special features make it the best for whole house and crawl space or basement applications, optional remote control system, Microchannel Condenser Technology, MERV-1, and MERV-10 Filter, low-temperature operation.
- ✔【Easy Operation】: Quickly to internal service requested like Internal cleaning, pump service. This commercial dehumidifier features automatic restart after power outages, continuous drainage with pump for effortless humidity control. Automatic defrost, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 ℉), makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- ✔【5 Years Warranty, Robust Construction】 Our sentinel HDi120 dehumidifier is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5 years warranty with a professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
Additional Info :
10. BlueDri BD-130P 225PPD Industrial Water Damage Equipment Commercial Dehumidifier with Hose for Basements in Homes and Job Sites, Gray
- From your basement to your attic or your bathroom to outside in your garage, our dehumidifier will help you restore your whole house
- Dimensions – 20” L x 21” W x 32.5” H | Weight – 97 lbs. | Drain hose – 38 ft. | Pints per day – 225 | Max Air process – 410 CFM | Power cord length – 25 ft. | Voltage – 115V, 60 Hz | Water removal – 225 PPD/130PPD AHAM
- This dehumidifier is packed with an automatic water pump, digital panel, compact electrical control with auto restart, hour counter, RH and temperature sensors, so you can get any job site done with just a few buttons
- Ideal for water damage restoration projects, its high efficiency rotary compressor ensures the maximum moisture extraction, of up to 225 pints per day (105 PPD AHAM), removing up to double the water per day than normal 70 pt. capacity home dehumidifiers
- The model number is indeed the BD-130P. The manufacturer uses model# BD-BD-130-BL for their internal purpose | Our product is designed with a heavy duty roto-mold technology that we with a 1-year and a 5-year housing
Additional Info :
How to Choose dehumidifier
Now its time to take you through our well-researched buying guide that includes the touchstones you need to find your desired dehumidifier.
If you’re concerned about the quality product, make sure to check its compliances or certifications. Having a product certification (such as UL or CE) ensures that the product manufacturing has maintained good practices and its quality is controlled according to the standards.
A high-quality product also tends to be more durable. And you must choose a durable product as it can save you from the hassles of repairing or replacement. And could prove to be economical in the long run.
This is the factor you buy a product for. So here, the important part is you need to assess the product features to make sure they really benefit you. Some products come with too many features, but most of them could be demerited.
So why pay for something that wont really benefit you? Be specific with your requirements and find the most suited product accordingly. If the vendor allows, try to get it tailored according to your needs.
The cost comparison is an important factor while you’re buying the best dehumidifier. We often emphasize cost comparison charts as it allows you to compare prices from different vendors. Such a chart can help you make the buying decision carefully and find the best deal on a product.
Since it’s important to balance the cost and other factors like quality, features, and convenience, comparing the costs can help you find the most competitive option.
After Sales Service
After making the initial purchase, you may need the after-sales service for a lot of things. Such as guidance on product usage or fixing an issue. So make sure your product manufacturer or vendor provides a good after-sales service.
If youre satisfied with the after-sales, youll probably be a satisfied & loyal customer wholl help increase the brand value of the company with positive word of mouth. Thats why youll see a company or product receive the most negative reviews when they dont have a responsive and communicative after-sales service team.
Although the warranty is a sign of a credible product, many good products arent covered by the warranty policy. But if youve got two choices, where ones covered by warranty, and the other is not, you must go with the one covered by the warranty.
The warranty ensures that a Certified Service undertakes your product repairing or replacement as per terms in the policy. Some vendors even offer a money-back guarantee where you can get a full refund in case the product fails to satisfy you within a given time.
Honest Customer Feedbacks
The traditional reviews arent profound enough to give a clear picture of the user experience. They talk extravagantly about the good sides and trivially about the negative sides. If a product is good, you should say it is good. But an honest review should highlight inconveniences, even the smallest ones that come along while using it.
Minor negative points wont probably hold you back from buying the product, but itll prepare you to deal with them. So always check for honest reviews that provide attention to every little detail.
Let’s get some FAQs answered related to the best dehumidifier.
Whats an extended warranty, and is it good?
An extended warranty is a policy that ensures the cost of repair or replacement of a product for a period beyond what’s offered by the vendor. But extended warranties aren’t really worth it since they often come with an additional cost. If you see the dehumidifier manufacturer is offering an extended warranty, it’s better to avoid it. The reason is you’ve to purchase it for terms that your product mightn’t face in its entire service life.
What’s the most important factor to look for in this product?
There are a few of them, but studies suggest people think customer reviews to be the most crucial factor, besides features price, when buying a product. So if you’re looking to buy the dehumidifier check out the customer reviews and ponder upon them before making your decision.
Should I listen to my guts or rely on data, stats, and reviews while buying this product?
Most buyers are impulsive when they’re up for buying something. You might feel tempted to go for a certain option by listening to your guts. But we’d recommend you to rely more on data, stats, and reviews instead of the guts while buying anything like the dehumidifier. This way, you can reevaluate your choices and filter out the better option.
The Bottom Line
We’d like to say that our dehumidifier review and buying guide was designed to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about whether the product is right for you.
We hope this has helped you and that you’ll continue using our site as your go-to source for product reviews and buying advice. Thanks again for taking the time to read our buyer’s guide.
Finally, we would like to remind you that user reviews are based on personal experiences and opinions, so use them to walk yourself through possible solutions, but do not use them as definitive answers.