If you are going to be camping with the kids, it is important that you prepare a good meal. One of the things that you will need, to make a good meal, is a good skillet to cook in. The best lightweight camping skillets are going to be lightweight, so you can easily transport them. You will also need them to be durable so you do not have to worry about them breaking. One of the best camping skillets that we have reviewed is the Camp Chef DLX. This is a 12-inch skillet that weighs less than a pound, so it is very lightweight.
It is made from 18/10 stainless steel so it is very durable, and it has a nonstick surface that is easy to clean. It also has a large handle, and a lid that sits on top of the skillet. This lid is dishwasher safe, and it is also oven safe. Our next recommend is the Camp Chef Cast Iron French Skillet.
Best lightweight camping skillets : Top 10 Picks For 2022
Having the right cookingware can make all the difference when camping. And that means, lightweight camping skillets. Camping is all about eating well, so especially if you’re not packing heavy foods, it’s critical you have the right equipment.
In this post, we’ve reviewed the best lightweight camping skillets to help you cook your meals better, and hopefully, save you a few pounds.
1. Home-Complete Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet-12 inch for Home, Camping Indoor and Outdoor Cooking, Frying, Searing and Baking, 12″, Black
- Cook your best food ever! Forget all those non-stick flimsy pans you have in your cabinets Use cast iron to cook with instead! It makes a world of difference in taste and your ability to cook food that cant be made with regular cookware
- Taste the way food was meant to be made! Cast iron is preferred by gourmet chefs around the world and its always used by those who demand perfection
- Fast (pre-seasoned coating) even heating high heat No problem! An important part of cooking is controlling the temperature of the cooking surface Cast iron gives you the ultimate in control and flexibility! It makes the perfect veggies and meats just the way you want them
- Easy to clean! Just water! Do not put in the dishwasher
Additional Info :
This is our best cast iron skillet for the money. It’s the best cast iron skillet for the money and you can use it for a wide range of purposes. It’s a great, heavy-duty skillet for frying, searing, and baking and it’s great for making roasted vegetables, making gravy and making soups. It’s pre-seasoned so you don’t have to do any seasoning before using it for the first time.
That means you can use it immediately. It also means that it’s ready to go when you receive it. The surface is covered with natural carbon, which gives it a non-stick surface.
2. 6 Inch Cast Iron Skillet, Frying Pan with Drip-Spouts, Pre-seasoned Oven Safe Cookware, Camping Indoor and Outdoor Cooking, Grill Safe, Restaurant Chef Quality
- Precision Heat Distribution: The cast iron pan has greater retention and distribution of heat. Even heat distribution for improved cooking and frying, even on grills, stoves or induction cook tops.
- Healthy for You: Mini skillet is seasoned with 100% vegetable oil, no synthetic coatings or chemicals for a natural, Trace amounts of iron are naturally released when cooking with seasoned cast iron skillet, boosting the mineral in your diet.
- Easy To Clean: After using cast iron cookware, use a Natural Fiber Cleaning Brush to remove loose food and residue. Rinse the pan and gently scuff the surface and sidewalls with a Chain Mail Scrubber. Heat the pan on the stovetop until dry. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a dab Seasoning Oil and rub on all surfaces, inside and out. Wipe away excess oil to leave a dry, matte finish. Repeat every time you cook.
- Suitable for All Stoves: The stone skillet suit for induction, gas, ceramic, electric, halogen and solid fuel cookers. And it is suitable for ovens.
- Lifetime Warranty: If you have any questions, please contact us in time, We will do our best to resolve any issues you have within 24 hours. we really need insights customer like yours to help us grow and improve our products.
Additional Info :
And valueFor anyone looking for a versatile, durable, and long-lasting cast iron skillet, the 6 inch Skillet by GreenPan is a great choice. Just like all GreenPan products, this skillet is made from cast iron with a non-stick coating for excellent heat distribution. It is also oven safe, making it ideal for outdoor cooking on a grill or stovetop. This skillet also has several features that make it versatile and easy to use.
On top of the large cooking surface, there are two small handles with rubber grips for more control when cooking. The handles are also designed to fit in with the skillet’s design, so they blend in with the skillet’s cast iron exterior.
3. Peak Refuel Breakfast Skillet | Freeze Dried Backpacking and Camping Meals | Amazing Taste | Quick Prep Food (2 Serving Pouch)
- Amazing Taste – No longer do you need to compromise taste for convenience! Our Breakfast Skillet contains high quality ingredients to ensure an appetizing and nutritious meal while on the trail. What you eat matters and we have gone to great lengths creating a meal with non-GMO ingredients so you can experience a flavorful just add water backpacking meal whether on the mountain or at your favorite campsite.
- 39 Grams Protein/Pouch – This meal contains 100% real meat, with no meat fillers! We provide a meal loaded with protein required to conquer any adventure. Our meats are sourced from trusted suppliers and inspected by the USDA. This results in a superior quality you can enjoy.
- Premium Freeze-Dried – The freeze-drying process locks in important nutrients offering a meal with a natural taste and texture, just like it came straight from your house. So whether you are camping deep in the backcountry or on a day hike along your favorite trail, enjoy a delicious and easy to prepare meal loaded with important nutrition.
- Specs (per pouch): 4.87 oz net wt. Preps in 15 mins with 16 oz boiling water. Prepare and eat in pouch. MRE
- Made in USA – Our products are both freeze dried and packaged in the USA.
Additional Info :
If you’re a backpacking and camping novice, chances are you’ve been told to avoid prepackaged meals. Well, we’re here to tell you to ignore all the advice you’ve been given – because peak refuel is the way to go. This plate is just perfect for backpacking and camping. It’s lightweight, tiny, and perfect for the trail.
And it can feed up to 3 people, so you can have one for each day of your trip. Plus, this skillet is pretty economical. Sure, you’ll pay more for a quality product like this, but you’re getting your money’s worth.
4. MSR Nonstick Ceramic Coated Camping Skillet
- Lightweight 8-inch aluminum skillet with MSR’s premium Fusion ceramic nonstick coating, ideal for preparing gourmet camping meals
- Durable Fusion ceramic nonstick finish is scratch resistant with metal utensils, is safe at high temperatures, and is PTFE- and PFOA-free
- Hard-anodized aluminum disperses heat for even and efficient cooking; includes removable MSR Talon Pot Handle
- Superior nonstick performance offers easy clean-up for kitchen-quality meals on the trail
- Includes: one nonstick, hard-anodized 8-inch aluminum skillet and one Talon Pot Handle; packs to 9×2.5 inches and weighs 6.7 ounces; manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty
Additional Info :
This skillet is made from a non-reactive ceramic coating that is built to last. As a result, it can withstand high temperatures, meaning that you can use it for grilling, baking, or heating up your food in a campfire. As well as the non-reactive coating, the skillet is made from ceramic. The base is a heavy gauge, high-temperature item that is much more durable than traditional cast iron skillets.
This allows the skillet to distribute heat evenly, which is important when using a nonstick surface. The skillet is also very versatile.
5. MSR Quick Skillet Hard-Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookware
- Constructed from a nonstick, hard-anodized aluminum
- 7-inch cooking surface
- Ultralight, quick release Talon pot handle
- Total weight: 5.6 oz
- Aluminum is the cookware of choice for all-around backcountry use. It conducts heat evenly, is easy to clean when hard anodized and even easier when coated with a nonstick finish. It is also extremely efficient.
Additional Info :
The msr quick skillet is the best hard-anodized aluminum camping cookware for backpacking and camping. It is lightweight, ultra-compact, and a good choice for camping, hiking, and backpacking. It is made of a hard anodized aluminum alloy that provides even heat distribution. It is also lightweight and ultra-compact, so you can pack it anywhere for your outdoor cooking!
The surface is hard-anodized, which provides even heat distribution and prevents the aluminum from oxidizing.
This ensures the durability of the product. The bottom is made of a non-stick coating that provides even heat distribution.
6. CampMaid Medium Skillet Bag – for 8′, 10′ or 12′ Skillet – 13.5′ x 19′ x 3′ Inches – Durable Quality Chef Bag – Lightweight Medium Bag – Convenient Outdoor Cookware Portability – Multipurpose Camping
- Can hold 8′, 10′, 12′, Skillet.
- Can be used for CampMaid tools, utensils or general storage.
- Dimensions 13.5′ x 19′ x 3′ and weights 6oz
- Sturdy and Firm
- Perfect to Carry all your Camping Accessories
Additional Info :
GearCamp Maid has an extra-large durable quality chef bag that is lightweight enough for portability and can be used for a variety of purposes. This medium-sized Camp Maid skillet bag has a number of dedicated pockets and compartments that are perfect for storing your other cooking gear, camping utensils, etc. It is not a dedicated skillet bag, but can also be used for that. The bag is made of durable 600D nylon material that is water resistant, weatherproof, lightweight, and easy to clean.
It has reinforced seams, durable hardware, and a sturdy carry handle. It has a large capacity and is reasonably priced.
7. MSR WindBurner 8-Inch Ceramic Nonstick Camping and Backpacking Skillet
- Ultra-durable fusion ceramic nonstick coating handles wear and tear, is safe at high temperatures, and is PTFE- and PFOA-free, for worry-free nonstick performance
- Enclosed, heat-capturing ring blocks the wind while allowing the heat to spread evenly for simmering and cooking versatility
- Versatile ceramic-coated nonstick skillet is great for simmering, sautéing and pan-frying cuisine
- Skillet talon handle folds into skillet and nests outside WindBurner 4.5 L Stock Pot for packing efficiency
- Measures 8.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs 8.5 ounces
Additional Info :
A skillet is a must-have tool if you’re a camping enthusiast. A single-serving pan allows you to boil water, sauté vegetables, and melt cheese on the go. The msr windburner 8-inch ceramic nonstick skillet is incredibly versatile. Thanks to its ceramic nonstick coating, it can be used for any type of cooking. Despite being made of ceramic, this skillet is surprisingly lightweight and conducts heat really well.
You can use wood or induction heat cooktops without having to worry about the pan scorching. The skillet’s 8-inch size is perfect for most camping needs. It can easily hold a serving of pasta or a small helping of rice.
8. Cuisinart GR-4NP1 5-in-1 Griddler Stainless, Gridder, Brushed Stainless Steel
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Cuisinart’s 5-1 griddler is a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- EASY TO USE: The griddler plates (11-inch x 9-inch) are removable, reversible and are dishwasher safe nonstick cooking plates, the plates also act as a drain for the grease for cooking more healthy. The integrated drip tray collects grease and is easy to store
- ALSO INCLUDED: Red/green indicator lights for easy operation, dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy clean up and an instruction manual with gourmet recipes for you to enjoy
- CUSTOM CONTROL: Sturdy panini-style handle with hinged floating cover adjusts to thickness of food, selector knob choose grill or griddle function and the adjustable temperature controls for grill or griddle
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
Additional Info :
|Color||Brushed Stainless Steel|
Cuisinart is a trusted brand and their products have always exceeded my expectations. The griddler is no exception. As a result of Cuisinart’s patented 5-in-1 Technology, you can use this griddler for so many different things. Apart from grilling, you can also use it to make a variety of different types of foods. The cooking plates are made of stainless steel and are heat-resistant up to 500F.
The griddle is also made of stainless steel and is able to withstand high temperatures. The Cuisinart Griddler is also very easy to clean. Simply use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe it clean and avoid leaving any food residue.
9. Chinook 41480 Frying Pan, 7.75″, Aluminum
- Lightweight, extremely durable cookware with great heat conduction
- Non-stick, easy-clean coating
- Folding handles and carry sack for compact package
Additional Info :
The first product on this list is the chinook frying pan, model 41480. It is a 7. 75” aluminum pan that is versatile and durable. Made of aluminum, this pan is very light and is easy to carry from one place to another. The material has a high thermal conductivity, which makes the heat spread quickly in the pan.
The pan is well-balanced, meaning that it can be used on all sides. The handles are made of aluminum as well, which ensure that they are sturdy, even when using a metal utensil. The handles do not corrode and are easy to clean. The coating of the aluminum ensures that the pan is easy to clean.
10. Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Set 3-Piece – 6 Inch, 8 Inch and 10 Inch Cast Iron Set – Black
- CAST IRON PAN SET – The bundle of three includes 10, 8, and 6 inches pre-seasoned frying pans; ideal sizes for domestic and outdoor use. Our cast iron pan set comes with unique handles for easy maneuvering and pouring.
- SEASONING GUIDE – Our skillets are pre-seasoned but it is recommended to season the cast iron pan set with any vegetable oil before use. After washing, rub some oil over your cookware’s surface and place it in an oven at low temperature for the oil to seep in.
- EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION – Our premium quality non-toxic cookware set is coated with an extra layer of protection that ensures the equal distribution of heat for an improved cooking experience.
- VERSATILE USAGE – The skillet pans are highly compatible, as they can be used on any heating source. You can also use them for grilling, frying, sautéing, roasting, braising, and broiling meats, vegetables, and more.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS – Cool the skillets completely before washing in hot soapy water with a sponge using a regular dishwashing liquid soap.
Additional Info :
We start off our list of the best cast iron skillets with the utopia kitchen pre-seasoned cast iron skillet set 3-piece – 6 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch cast iron set – black. This set features three different skillets in total with three different sizes. These sizes include the six inch skillet which is the smallest of the three, the eight inch skillet which is in the middle, and the ten inch skillet which is the largest of the three.
The skillets in this set are pre-seasoned which means that you don’t have to season them before cooking with them. Just heat them up to 500 degrees and you can use them straight away.
Things To Consider Before Buying A lightweight camping skillets
People Also Asks
Does a Trivet Fit In A Camping Skillet?
I have a cook set in my car that includes a cast iron skillet, a cookbook and a small skillet. I also have a small camping skillet, which is smaller than the car skillet but has a lid. I keep the car skillet in my car and the camping skillet in my trunk.
I’ve been thinking about how I can use the two skillets for cooking different things when camping. The car skillet is great for pancakes, eggs, bacon and toast.
Yes, a camping trivet fits in a camping skillet. Camping trivets are sometimes called campfire mats, kitchen mats or griddles.
Although a camping trivet is not a skillet, it is a helpful tool to have on outdoor trips. It is used to protect the table surface from dirty hands, dropping food on the table, and moving hot items around.
Can I Use A Skillet For Gr?
Yes, a skillet can be used for grilling. A camping trivet is attached to the handle of a skillet to protect the surface of your table from grease and burns. I also use my larger skillets as griddles to cook pancakes, eggs and bacon.
What Is A Camping Trivet Made Of Some trivets are made of cloth or paper towels.
CAMPING SKILLETS ARE PERFECT FOR KIDS, ADULTS, AND EVEN FAMILIES OF ALL SIZES. Choose from lightweight hard anodized aluminum skillets, nonstick coated cast iron skillets, and more. Whether you’re looking for a skillet for your tailgate, your backyard, or even your car camping adventures, we’ve got you covered.
Shop our best-selling products for camping skillets below!
LIKE IT? SHARE IT!
If you’re interested in purchasing one of these skillets, please use the links provided to make your purchase.