The liquid chalk rocks for climbing are the most practical and efficient of the lot. These are not only easy to carry but also easy to apply and use. You can simply crack the liquid chalk rock in half, apply it on the holds and start moving up. The liquid chalk will not only provide a good grip but also clean your hands as you climb. You can also use these as a gentle wipe to clean your hands after a sweaty climb. But how do you choose the right liquid chalk rock for climbing? There are a lot of them out there, and they all claim to provide the ultimate in climbing chalk.
The problem is that you cannot tell the difference by looking at the packaging. You need to go by the product’s ingredients to determine its quality and performance. The first thing you need to look for is the type of chalk. There are three types – natural, synthetic and inert.
10 Best liquid chalk rocks for climbing in Reviews
The liquid chalk rock is a small bottle of chalk that you can carry with you at all times. It is a convenient tool that will always be at your disposal when you need it the most. So you can chalk up any surface and climb any surface no matter where you are.
If you are a climber, this is the tool that you need. In this review, we will have a closer look at the best liquid chalk rocks.
1. SPORTMEDIQ Pro Grade Liquid Chalk – Mess Free Professional Hand Grip for Gym, Weightlifting, Rock Climbing, Gymnastics, Rock Climbing – Dries in Seconds – 8.5 Oz
- GET A GREAT GRIP: Grab hold of poles, surfaces and gym equipment with premium quality liquid hand chalk created to ensure a sturdy and firm grip on weights, walls and any solid surface.
- NO MESS ANYWHERE: Say goodbye to messy chalk dust getting on your clothes and sporting gear – this product ensures you won’t be kicked out of your gym because of your chalky mess.
- TOP GRADE: This professional gym liquid chalk is top grade. Get what the pro’s use and start working out like a pro. You will feel the difference.
- GREAT FOR LIFTING: Get a professional mess free grip on weightlifting poles, weights, CrossFit & gym equipment and bowling balls. Great for gymnastics, tennis, baseball and basketball.
- QUICK, EASY & SAFE: Put a couple drops onto your palms, rub your hands, air-dry for 25-25 seconds and that’s it! Made from body safe materials with a light fresh fragrance, it has a lotion consistency.
Additional Info :
BottleThe first on our list is the sportmediq pro grade liquid chalk – mess free professional hand grip for gym, weightlifting, rock climbing, gymnastics, gymnastics, rock climbing. The product comes in a 8. 5 oz. bottle which is one of the larger ones in the market.
The chalk is easy to apply, you just have to squirt a few drops of it on your hand, rub it on the palm, and then apply the hand grip. The hand grip will dry almost instantly which makes it perfect for gym and weightlifting as you don’t have to keep reminding yourself to apply the hand grip to avoid chalking up your hands.
2. Liquid Fit Chalk, Liquid Chalk Weightlifting, Weightlifting Chalk, Chalk Weightlifting, Weightlifting Liquid Chalk, Liquid Chalk Grip, Rock Climbing Chalk, Chalk in a Bottle (250 ml + 50 ml)
- 🧗🏼LIQUID CHALK – Portable with less mess than block chalk and much less waste. Ideal for gyms who do not allow block chalk or for a home gym where you do not want a mess.
- ✅EASY TO APPLY – Quick dry and sweat resistant formula. Perfect for weightlifting and obstacle courses.
- DEADLIFT LIKE a BEAST – No more slipping off the barbell when you are knocking out heavy deadlifts.
- 🏋🏽GET A GRIP – Significantly improves grip ability for Pull-Ups, Deadlifts, Kettlebells, Rock Climbing, Gymnastics and many other sports activities. Customers claim that they can increase Deadlifts by up to 20% with the additional grip.
- 🕘LONG-LASTING – This chalk can last through an entire weightlifting workout without the need to re-apply, unlike traditional block chalk. When the chalk dries, it sticks better to your hands and creates a long-lasting base layer.
Additional Info :
When it comes to grip for your hands and forearms, you can’t really beat chalk. Chalk is a great way to help you grip things (in case you might have forgotten). This means that you can use it to help yourself grip your barbell during your deadlift or kettlebell swing, for example. And of course, you can use it to help yourself grip your chalk bottle, too.
The thing is, most chalks are designed to do the same thing. They’re all basically chalk with a little flavoring in, so choosing the best one can be a bit of a minefield.
3. Friction Labs Secret Stuff Liquid Chalk, Original Formula with Alcohol – Sports Chalk Cream – Great Grip for Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, Weight Lifting, Pull-Ups, Deadlifts, Kettlebells, Pole
- QUICK, CONFIDENT GRIP: If you’re unsure of your grip, you hold back, make mistakes and don’t perform at your best. Whether it’s from sweat, moisture, humidity, or oils, Secret Stuff gives power and control to any athlete who needs dependable hands.
- FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: No matter the climate or skin type, Secret Stuff is here for you. Original is great for humid climates. Alcohol-free is designed for climate-controlled gyms and/or sensitive skin. Hygienic delivers extra grip while killing germs.
- NO MESS = GYM FRIENDLY: While many liquid chalks can reduce dust, Friction Labs is the only company with 2 liquid hand chalk formulas (Alcohol Free and Hygienic) that don’t leave ANY marks on clothes or equipment, and wash off hands in seconds.
- TRUSTED BY THE BEST: Friction Labs is the only chalk endorsed by champions in multiple sports like rock climbing, tennis & powerlifting. Secret Stuff is the only liquid chalk for grip made in USA with the highest quality magnesium carbonate chalk.
- COMPLETE THE REGIMEN: Our liquid gym chalk is the perfect foundational layer to quickly activate your grip. If you’re really pushing it and need even more drying power, refresh your grip with Friction Labs loose chalk or chalk ball.
Additional Info :
Dancing, etc. It’s alcohol-free, which means it won’t dry out your hands like other chalk options. As well as being a great grip aid, this liquid chalk also helps prevent calluses, keeping your hands nice and soft for hours after you’ve chalked. It also has a nice, slightly oily feel to it, which makes it easy to apply without getting it all over your hands.
Just make sure you use the right amount, otherwise you’ll end up with white hands. You can use this stuff to help improve your grip in all kinds of activities, from tennis to martial arts.
4. SURVIVOR Chalk Bag + Refillable Chalk Ball + Liquid Chalk – Draw String & 2 Zippered Pockets – Black Chalk Bag for Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Weightlifting with Hand Chalk Accessories for Extra Grip
- ✔️ONE-STOP SHOP – Whether you’re just starting out, or if you’re an experienced climber, we got you covered. Our chalk bag comes with everything you need to climb! Start by using the liquid chalk. Throw it in one of the side pockets. Use the chalk ball to occasionally re-chalk and maintain the grip throughout your session.
- ✔️SKIP THE LOCKER – No need to worry about your belongings being taken. Bring the phone and keys with you. Our rock climbing chalk bag features 2 side pockets for your phone, keys, rock climbing accessories, and a protein bar.
- ✔️NO MORE SPILLED CHALK – The drawstring at the top ensures that the chalk powder and chalk ball stay in your chalk bag. Tightly seal the bag to eliminate accidental spilling.
- ✔️ALL IN ONE – Our chalk bags aren’t just for rock climbing and bouldering. Take it to the gym for superior grip during weight lifting, powerlifting, CrossFit, gymnastics, and any other workout.
- ✔️5.15 CLUB – Just in case you are out there setting records, we’ve got you covered. Put your brush in the brush holder and make that 5.15 route or a V10 boulder problem a bit more attainable. PRO TIP: use the phone pocket for some finger tape and liquid chalk. You’re going to need it.
Additional Info :
– this is the best chalk bag for gymnasts and athletes, for training and competition, for the gym and for routine and exercises. This bag is a highly durable sports bag, with a drawstring closure, to keep your gear and gear accessories secure. It has 2 zippered pockets, perfect for storing your keys, phone or any other small things you need to carry.
The outer material is extra durable, and the material is made from 100% polyester. The Survivor chalk bag has a chalk ball, and the ball is filled with non-toxic silicone, which is a very good thing in case of an emergency.
5. EVMT Brands Liquid Chalk, Mess-Free Gym Chalk for Weightlifting, Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, Dancing. Sweat-Resistant and Long Lasting for Stronger Grip. Lifting Chalk, Rock Climbing Chalk.
- Strong and Long Lasting: A perfect gym accessory for men and women to create a stronger grip
- Workout Chalk for Weightlifting: Liquid chalk for weight lifting to keep your hands dry
- Sport Chalk: Create a liquid grip when rock climbing, dancing, doing gymnastics, or working out
- No Blisters: Workout chalk to improve performance & prevent injury when gripping poles or lifting
- Travel Bottle: Weightlifting chalk, rock climbing chalk for the gym, your home or on the go
Additional Info :
This is the best brand on the market right now. Just a little expensive but it’s really good quality. You can really feel the difference in your grip when you use it. It’s also sweat-resistant, which is super important when you’re working out.
It will last you a long time because it dries very quickly. Plus, it’s mess-free – no more worrying about how you’ll deal with your post-workout chalkiness!
The only downside to this chalk is that it does contain magnesium silicate, which can be irritating to some people’s skin if used for prolonged periods.
6. Spri Chalk Block, Chalk Ball & Liquid Chalk For Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Weight-Lifting, Crossfit – Single pack
- GYM CHALK BLOCK – 2oz magnesium carbonate, pigment free, non-toxic chalk block keeps hands dry, prevents blisters and calluses while reducing slippage during your workout
- IMPROVES GRIP AND HANDLE: Great for gymnastics, rock climbing, bouldering, and all power and weight lifting activities including deadlifts, pull-ups, kettlebells and more
- KEEPS HANDS DRY: Absorbs and eliminates moisture keeping sweaty hands dry and does not easily rub off so you can lift or climb longer with confidence
- EASY TO USE: Block can easily be broken apart to refill your climbing chalk bag or stores well in a Ziploc bag or small Tupperware container
- SUPER GRIP: Also great for other grip-intensive activities such as yoga to keep your mat dry for a superior grip
Additional Info :
|Color||2 oz Block (1-Pack)|
The spri chalks are highly rated by most users, and they are all fantastic products. If you buy only one thing, I would choose this all-in-one product. The spri chalk block, which I consider the best gymnastics chalk, is a fantastic multi-use product.
It will work for almost all sports, especially those with a high risk of injury, and it’s great for the prevention of injuries, as well as to speed up the recovery process. I’d completely trust it in my shoes, and it’s a safe option to use on your hands and feet.
7. Togear Liquid Chalk for Sport,Weightlifting,Work Out,Gym,Fit Grip,Rock Climbing,Pole Grip,Baskball,Golf Chalk in a Bottle (2x50ML)
- Liquid Chalk – Portable with less mess than block chalk and much less wast ( 8.82OZ)
- LONG LASTING FORMULA- Stays on your hands for your whole workout! Even tackier and stronger than our original fantastic Spider Chalk liquid chalk product. Contains two non-toxic bonding agents so it doesn’t come off during your workouts, unlike our competitors formulas. Have confidence in our product while rock climbing, weightlifting, power lifting, or during grueling and gymnastics workouts. Lab tested to increase friction, giving you the strongest grip.
- Multi-purpose use- Used for Rock Climbing, Weightlifting, Golf, Baseball, Tennis, Pole Dancing, Football, anywhere the grip and dry hands are essential. Say “Goodbye” to Sweaty Hands!
- PURE, SAFE INGREDIENTS- The only liquid chalk product on the market made with pure, lab tested magnesium carbonate. Does not contain any of the impurities, drying agents and heavy metals found in other, cheaper products. You’ll feel the difference immediately!
- EASILY PORTABLE: This travel sized bottle comes with a handy clip to hook on your pants belt loop, backpack, gym bag or purse. Perfect for travelling, including hiking and rock climbing.
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for a liquid chalk that’s easy to apply, and doesn’t leave residue on your hands, then this might be what you’re looking for. The togear liquid chalk has a very smooth application. It doesn’t leave the annoying “chalky” residue that some other chalks do. Because of this, it’s really easy to apply to your hands, and to your pole for pole fitness.
The togear liquid chalk also has a really nice scent. It’s a bit fruity, but not too overpowering.
8. Liquid Chalk grip – Professional Hand Grip, Combo Kit 8.3 oz + 1.7 oz Travel Clip & Rings massage, liquid chalk for weight lifting,For Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, ninja warrior, golf, Training & more.
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK – We can’t wait to hear all about your success story! That’s why we offer our 100% satisfaction guarantee. if SpiderHand isn’t working for you, simply send it back for a full refund.
- Ideal for: Rock Climbing, Powerlifters, Body Builders, Football, Basketball, Track For field, Gymnastics, Yoga, Baseball, Softball, Bowling and More!
- COMBO KIT (2 Bottles INCLUDED) – (8.3 oz. / 250 ml.) Bottle & (1.7 oz. / 50 ml.) Travel Bottle
Additional Info :
These are the best chalk grippers because they’re very easy to use and versatile. You get two products in one, a grip and a chalk refill. You can use the grip by itself for anything from rock climbing to golf, or mix it with the refill for a better grip. Plus, this one is super easy to use – just squirt a few pours and spread it on your hand.
If you want to use it for weightlifting, you can even just clip the ring onto your wristband and use the grip without the refill. It’s also very affordable, and the grip lasts for a very long time.
9. SURVIVOR Liquid Chalk – Liquid Grip for Rock Climbing, Weight Lifting, Bouldering, Gymnastics & More – Improves Grip During Workout Training Using Climbing Holds, Bars, & More (50ML Liquid Chalk)
- ✔️LIFT HEAVIER, CLIMB HIGHER – Whether you’re at the gym lifting weights or trying to conquer a boulder problem or a tough climb, we’ve got you covered.
- ✔️MESS FREE AND EFFECTIVE – Let’s be honest, our refillable chalk ball is already pretty clean, but… with our liquid chalk no one will ever know you were using hand chalk. All 100% of the chalk will stay on your hands, not you clothes or the floor.
- ✔️ALL PURPOSE GRIP – Deadlifts, pull ups, kettlebells, rock climbing, bouldering, powerlifting, CrossFit, gymnastics… everything! Survivor Liquid Chalk is good for all of those and more! Achieve more than you could have before with just a little bit of our liquid grip.
- ✔️PRO GRADE – Why not use what the pro’s use? Get the best training and fitness equipment and improve on all of your lifts and climbs. Our liquid chalk for hands dries in seconds creating a base layer that will last you the whole workout.
- ✔️SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We’re very confident that our liquid chalk is everything you’ve been looking for to improve your grip. And if that’s not the case, just shoot us a message and we’ll make things right!
Additional Info :
Chalk, in general, is a really effective training aid when it comes to enhancing grip strength and ensuring that the climber can hold onto the holds on the wall. This Survivor liquid chalk is designed with a special formula that enables a smooth application of the chalk. The grip it provides is also outstanding. It has a very distinctive smell but, unlike other chalks, it doesn’t leave a chalk residue on the hands.
The grip it provides is also quite long. You can expect to be able to use the chalk for at least an hour. The only downside of this liquid chalk is that it can’t be stored for a long time.
10. Liquid Chalk | Sports Chalk | Superior Grip and Sweat-Free Hands for Weightlifting, Gym, Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Gymnastics, Pole Dancing and Fitness, Crossfit, Bodybuilding and More (100ml)
- LIFT HARDER AND CLIMB FASTER WITH A STRONG GRIP – Use Liquid Chalk by NOVU Fitness to keep your hands dry and reliable for a safe and efficient workout.
- EASY TO USE AND EASY TO CLEAN – Our fast-drying formula gets you ready to perform in seconds (and it slides right off with a little soap and water!).
- MANY CONFIDENT WORKOUTS IN ONE SMALL PACKAGE – Get many uses out of each handy bottle for a long-lasting and money-saving chalk
- STAYS ON YOUR HANDS, NOT ON YOUR CLOTHES – No messy powder or dust in the air (and with our formula, you won’t have to worry about sharing equipment).
- ONE CHALK FOR EVERY SPORT – Our Liquid Chalk is perfect for Weightlifting, Climbing, Bodybuilding, Gymnastics, CrossFit, Pole Dancing and more.
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for a fairly reasonably priced chalk that won’t make your hands sweat, this Liquid Chalk by Diversified Sports is a great option. The product itself is nice and easy to apply, and you can easily control how much you want to use. This means you can get a nice grip on the bar without worrying about it drying out too quickly.
What I also really like about this chalk is that it’s 100% liquid. There’s no granules to contend with, so it’s easy to get a nice even coating on the bar.
Tips for Choosing the liquid chalk rocks for climbing
Liquid Chalk is a type of chalk designed to be water-soluble, so it washes off your hands and down the drain. It is also much more convenient to use – you don’t have to dig out a separate bottle of water to wash your hands. It’s also much more convenient to just carry a small bag of water and just wash your hands whenever you feel the need. Unfortunately, most Liquid Chalk is not waterproof. This means it will eventually wear off if you use your hands a lot. However, some brands like to add a claim that their Liquid Chalk is “waterproof”, but this is mostly marketing. Since Liquid Chalk is water-soluble, it will wash off in water. In fact, the stuff is so water-soluble, that it’s likely to wash off your hands even with regular soap and water. However, its water resistance is a real advantage. If your hands are really greasy, you won’t have to wash them as often if you use this type of chalk. With Regular Chalk
Regular Chalk is basically just chalk with a little bit of soap added. Regular Chalk is best used when your hands are really clean – it’s not very effective on greasy hands.
Regular chalk is very ineffective if your hands are dirty. Regular chalk is also less convenient to use because you have to dig out your bottle of water to wash your hands. However, it’s also much more water-resistant. Regular chalk will stay on your hands much longer if you have greasy hands. It’s actually quite rare for a big wall climb to be done without using some kind of chalk. In fact, most climbers will bring a bag of chalk and a bottle of water just to be sure. With Water-Resistant Chalk
Water-resistant chalk is basically just regular chalk with a special coating added to make it waterproof. This type of chalk is much more convenient to use because you don’t have to dig out a separate bottle of water to wash your hands. However, it will eventually wear off if you use your hands a lot. Most water-resistant chalk will eventually wear off your hands if you use a lot.
Frequently Questions and Answers
If you’re going to be chalk-less on your next climbing trip, make sure you have the right chalk for it. ‘Liquid chalk’ is the best kind for climbing routes. It’s not too sticky, it doesn’t leave any oily stains on your hands, and it doesn’t dry up too quickly.
A good thing to do while you’re climbing is wipe your hands off with a clean, dry rag so that your hands don’t get smudged with chalk. If?
You’re not bringing any chalk, make sure you pick up a few packs of ‘chalk-less chalk’ to take along. It’s also a good idea to keep a few spare sticks of chalk in your pack. You never know when you might run out or lose your chalk stick.
The good thing about ‘chalk-less chalk’ is that it’s very cheap and lightweight, so you don’t have to waste much space in your pack for it.
That about wraps up our roundup!
If you’re still not sure what to get, leave a comment below and we’ll get right back to you.