The ersus hiking gaiters are a great way to protect your deck shoes and keep debris out of your shoes. Most experienced hikers use gaiters in some capacity. They are a great tool to help keep your deck shoes clean and protect your deck shoes from getting scuffed and muddy. The extents of debris and water that can enter shoes is beyond belief. This can lead to blisters, cuts, and other unwanted issues.
The best way to protect your deck shoes is by using a gaiters. We have invested a lot into our deck shoes, not only for comfort but for protection as well. The good news is that the REI Hiking Gaiters are designed to protect your deck shoes from debris, rocks, and other debris that might get caught in your hiking trip. We have been using gaiters for a long time and have tried out a lot of different brands.
Best rei hiking gaiters : Top 10 Picks For 2022
Protect your shoes from dirt, twigs and other stuff you may find on the trail. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll review the 6 best hiking gaiters for women in 2022. We’ve reviewed a few gaiters for toddlers, too.
We’ll assess the durability, breathability, and comfort of each gauntlet, looking for the perfect pick for day hikes.
1. JJZS Gaiters for Hiking, Lightweight Trail Running Gaiters, Waterproof Snow Gaiters for Shoes and Boots, Adjustable Leg Gaiters Boot Gator, Low Hiking Gaiters Men Women
- Multi-purpose Gaiters for Hiking Legs – JJZS Low hiking gaiters design for most outdoor situation, you may find a ankle gaiters, shoes gaiters, boot gaiters, winter gaiters, snow gaiters, trail gaiters, skiing gaiters, hiking gaiters, hunting gaiters, the super light weight gaiters will be a good choice for you, it will protect your lower legs shoes socks from being wet by rain or snow.
- Super Light and Durable Leg Gaiters – JJZS low hiking gaiters made of breathable 200D nylon with coating process, the premium nylon is thin but very tear resistant and windproof for winter and outdoor, you can enjoy your trip without worry about your foot and lower legs with it.
- Easy and Comfort to Wear – JJZS low hiking gaiters design with elastic top bands and adjustable bottom strap with a quality metal hook for shoes, it can simple fit for youth and unisex adult, the wide elastic top bands will make it comfort touch and tight hold, the bottom drawstring will let you adjust it easily to fit your shoes or boots. And you will found convenient to take on and off with the front velcro and metal buckle
- Adjustable One Size Gators for Men Women – Our low hiking gaiters are super light weight and wide size adjustable range to fit most body shape and most type boots and shoes, one pair gators weight only measured by 2.4oz. The low gaiters height is 7.87inch, the top calf can adjusted from 4.72 inch to 8.66 inch, the bottom leg calf measured by 8.66 inch, the size will fit well for most youth and unisex adult. Also we provide 4 color choice, black, orange, blue and green to meet your preference.
- Portable Hiking Gaiters for Daily Life & Outdoor Activities – Our low hiking gaiters come with a carry bag, the folding size of the storage bag only 3 x 2.17 inch, you can easily put it in your backpack, the boot cover is quick drying and can be open and folded in seconds, you can take it everywhere, the hiking gaiters is perfect for all outdoor activities and home working.
Additional Info :
|Color||Lower gaiters for hiking|
, etc. At the first sight, you will see that these are lightweight trail running gaiters. There are no heavy plastic parts. All the parts are made of high elastic fabric. The material is breathable and dry, and the gaiters are waterproof. The elastic and elastic material are very strong. You can wear this lightweight trail running gaiters when you go hiking and running in the cold and wet.
They will keep your lower legs warm and dry. There are two pairs of leg pockets. The leg pockets are elastic and wide. They are quite suitable for both men and women. The design is simple and easy to wear and not very noticeable when you wear them.
2. Salomon Low Trail Gaiters, Red, Size 7.5 – 9.5, Bright Red
- When the trail becomes more of a rubble pile, simply slide these gaiters over your shoes and Velcro them closed.
- A bomb-proof strap under the foot, durable mesh around the ankle, and lightweight padding on the ankle bone mean more adventures.
- Scree fields can cause debris in the shoe: these low gaiters act as a Barrier between the rough stuff and your feet.
Additional Info :
These salomon low trail gaiters are very stylish and come with a wide nylon belt for good fit. The material is weather resistant and the vents ensure that your ankles stay cool. The elastic part is made of decent material too. The Salomon Low Trail Gaiters tick all the right boxes when it comes to style, protection, and comfort.
You can’t go wrong with these gaiters if you are looking for something that is both stylish and protective. Salomon deserve a lot of respect for coming up with a design that offers good protection with a decent level of style. The elastic straps are easy to adjust and the material is durable.
3. Azarxis Hiking Gaiters for Outdoor Camping Running Walking Backpacking Women Men Ankle Leg Guard Boot Legging Cover Snow Lightweight Waterproof Mountain Hunting (Black, M)
- ❤️ WATERPROOF & ANTI-TEARING: Durable 600D Oxford Fabric prevents water, snow, dirt and debris from getting dirty or stabbed by cactus needles, briars, thorns, etc. Our leg guard is super wear-resistant, tear-resistant, windproof, waterproof, and designed with metal buckle to enhance the perfect fit of the shoes to avoid falling off. Excellent waterproof: 6000mm
- ❤️ ADJUSTABLE: The adjustable drawstring can allows a tight fit to the calf. And adjustable TPU instep belt is suitable for different sizes of boots and keeping them tight, which fits well on your legs and prevents slipping down. High-quality front sticky Velcro can be easily put on and take off, and strong adhesion is not easy to loosen
- ❤️ LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: The boot cover is very lightweight when worn and can be folded into a small size for easy carrying. It is lightweight, soft, but very durable, comfortable to wear all year round
- ❤️ GREAT EQUIPMENT: Excellent waterproof materials to prevent water, snow, rain, mud, wind, sand from entering the shoes or pants, providing them with excellent protection and ensuring the safety, dryness and warmth of the legs. Our leg gaiters are perfect for cold and wet weather
- ❤️ VERSATILE: The bite protector gaiter is ideal for hikers, backpackers, campers, fishermen, ranchers, surveyors, gardeners’ ideal personal protection equipment. It can also be used for running, hiking, hunting, weed eating, motorcycle and all other outdoor activities
Additional Info :
Whether you prefer to go on outdoor camping, hiking, running, snowboarding, or skiing, these versatile gaiters will be your best friend. Not only will they keep your legs warm and dry, but you’ll also be able to move freely and comfortably, thanks to their lightweight, warm fabric. Plus, the best part is how convenient they are.
You won’t have to mess around with those annoying clips or linings, as the zippers allow you to get in and out of these gators at your convenience. Additionally, the elastic cuffs keep snow and mud out as you hike.
4. TRIWONDER Gaiters Low Gators Lightweight Waterproof Ankle Gaiters for Hiking Walking Backpacking (Black & Gray)
- ✅ EXCELLENT WATERPROOF — Adopted 15D nylon with silicion coating process that shows a great ability in water repellency. The low gaiters can effectively protect your shoes and pants from rain, snow, mud and straw
- ✅ FIT TIGHTLY — The ultra leg gaiters can fit nicely over your pants and attached to your shoes firmly by the metal hooks. The velcro is super strong in holding the bond with its other half that you won’t be worry about the hiking gaiters will slip down or off
- ✅ PRACTICAL DESIGN — Top elastic band helps the hiking gators hug your legs more firmly and not allow sand or twigs to get into it. The snow gaiters cover your ankle and wrap shoes completely that can also be used as a mudguard. And the bottom strap is durable, designed to lock your shoes more firmly
- ✅ LIGHTWEIGHT — Compact boot gaiters with ultra-light & windproof design that is easy to put on / take off and comfortable to wear. The ankle gators can be wiped off easily and dry quickly, easy to fold up, just feel free to carry it everywhere
- ✅ EXTENSIVE APPLICATION — The waterproof gaiters are active well in per season, ideal for Hiking, Walking, Cycling, Hunting, Mowing, Fishing, Backpacking, etc
Additional Info :
|Color||01 Black & Gray|
The first thing that you need to look for when shopping for a pair of hiking gaiters is the fit. The triwonder gaiters have a really nice and snug fit, meaning that they don’t slide down when you’re walking. They cover the ankle almost all the way down, plus the top of the boot, leaving just enough exposed to ensure that you don’t get any water dripping onto your socks.
These gaiters are made from a very lightweight material, but they’re still fully waterproof. They come with a floaty stuff sack, which is a nice touch – you don’t want to lose the stuff sack.
5. AONIJIE Low Trail Gaiters Reflective Ankle Gators Protective Shoe Covers with UV Protection & Breathable & Sand Prevention for Triathlon Marathon Hiking (Black Green)
- 🏃♂️STRETCH FABRIC: Trail gaiters are made of polyester + spandex, comfortable and breathable, elastic Lycra fabric, lightweight fit, reflective, providing safer protection for our night activities
- 🏃♂️DURABLE and COMFORTABLE — The bottom fixed support belt is made of HYPALON rubber.Trail running gaiter for protection in varying terrain, fabric designed for breathable comfort and sun protection. Anti-slip the low gaiters can effectively protect you from rain, mud, and straw
- 🏃♂️ADJUSTABLE — The ankle gaiters can fit nicely over your pants and attached to your shoes firmly by the hooks. With adjustable drawstring fits for people with different shoe size, as well as prevent sand or twigs getting into it
- 🏃♂️VERSATILE USE: The ultra-low running gaiters are suitable for trail running, marathon running, night running, camping, jogging, cycling, climbing, riding, hiking, scooters, and other sports
- 🏃♂️Seller Warranty – We offer 18 Months Warranty. Please feel free to contact us if the product has any quality issues.
Additional Info :
And the aonijie low trail gaiters are great for any activity but is best for marathon, cycling, skiing, snowboarding, football, soccer, tennis, basketball, baseball, baseball, field, etc. The aonijie low trail gaiters have a breathable/UV protection & sand prevention & odor prevention, are very easy to put on & take off, have an anti-slip sole & have a built-in pocket to store your keys, phone, wallet, energy gels, etc.
The aonijie low trail gaiters have a built-in pocket to store your keys, phone, wallet, energy gels, etc.
6. Outdoor Research Rocky Mountain Low Gaiters
- Low profile water resistant gaiters designed for the trail with a stretch hem to help fit a variety of boot profiles.
Additional Info :
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LOW GAGERSThe Rocky Mountain Low Gaiters are one of the best products we have reviewed for hiking and skiing. The low-cut design is perfect for keeping snow and water away from your ankles and the material is polyester that dries quickly if it gets wet on the slopes. One of the best things about these gaiters is the ratchet system.
It allows you to tighten the gaiters to keep water and snow away from your ankles without having to undo the buckles and then re-tighten them. This is perfect for quick turns and keeping the gaiters in place when you need to turn quickly.
7. Columbia womens Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot, Black/Poppy Red, 7.5 US
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot’s waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women’s waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft mesh exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
- Metal hardware
- Weight: 13.4 oz / 380g
Additional Info :
|Color||Black, Poppy Red|
AColumbia is one of the most trusted names in the hiking footwear industry. This is because their products are never short of quality. The newton ridge plus is one of the most comfortable hiking boots that I have ever tried. This is because of its composite midsole and lightweight nylon lining. These features make for an amazing combination.
The strength and lightweight of the upper material is also pretty handy. The newton ridge plus is a great boot for those that enjoy hiking on uneven and slippery terrain. The grip on the newton ridge plus is superb. In addition, it is also very easy to put on and off.
8. Kenetrek Hunting Gaiter, Loden Green, Large
- Reinforced boot section with 1000 denier nylon
- Durable nylon design or stealthy camo design
- Fitted front opening gaiter with hook and loop closures
- Waterproof breathable Stormblocker membrane
Additional Info :
The kenetrek hunting gaiters are made of super-soft suede with a nylon lining to keep your lower leg warm and dry. The quality of the material is amazing; it doesn’t wear down easily and keeps its softness for a long time. At the same time, it’s very comfortable to wear, it has a nice elasticity, and it doesn’t bunch up when you hike.
The size is also great; this product comes with three different options for men, women, and children. Since it’s made of suede, it’s quite durable, but you can also expect it to last for quite a long time.
9. Unigear Snow Leg Gaiters, Waterproof Boot Gaiters for Hiking Walking Climbing Hunting Skiing 1000D Fabric (Small)
- DURABLE: The upper part of gaiters are made of TASLON, typically lightweight and water vapor transmission. Comfort Breathability, breathable to sweat or water vapor. Moisture permeability level >8000/㎡.24hrs, it is helpful to keep your leg dry and comfortable. Different from normal Nylon material, Unigear gaiters choose 1000D Nylon on the low legs, which reinforce abrasion resistance and anti-tear. Feel free to walk comfortably through the thickest thorns and sharpest rocks.
- WATER RESISTANT: The gaiters is made with water-resistant material to protect your legs against cold, snow and wet, suitable for hiking, mountaineering, backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. TASLON has been treated with TPU water repellent, water drop slipping easily from the fabric, water repellent spray test result: Grade 3, waterproof >8000mm, which is better than other normal gaiters. 1000D Nylon water resistant rating is 3000.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Designing according to human ankle curve, the gaiters fit comfortably snug around your legs and calves. Reinforced magic tape and special design lace hook to prevent loosening from bent ankle, achieve possible seal around your boots/shoes to keep debris out
- THOUGHTFUL UPGRADEED DESIGN: Feature a adjustable top strap with buckle, it is more comfortable and quickly when sizing gaiters, no need to worry about slipping. Upgraded thicken TPU instep strap is more resistant to cold, not easy to break. Front entry wide to 5cm magic tape, which is better tightness and more durable.
- 365 DAYS 100% SATISFACTION: If you are not 100% satisfied with Unigear leg gaiters for any reason, please contact customer service and we will immediately help you to solve the problem.
Additional Info :
Fabric: these are made of 100% nylon, which is the best material to choose for fabric to keep you dry. It’s lightweight, doesn’t absorb water, and is breathable, preventing sweat buildup. The material also resists mildew, making it an incredibly durable product. The large size of these gaiters is perfect for use with lightweight ski/snowboard/mountain ski boots.
They can also be used for hiking and other outdoor activities in wet conditions, keeping you warm and dry. The snow gaiters are extremely comfortable to wear. The elastic material hugs the ankle, preventing snow from entering your boot, and just like that comfort is there.
10. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boot, Walnut, 11 M US
- Pigskin leather and mesh upper
- Metal hook traditional lace closure
- Bellows tongue keeps out debris
- Protective toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining
- Kinetic Fit ADVANCED removable contoured insole with reinforced heel cushioning for medium support
- Molded nylon arch shank
- Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- Lightweight EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort
- Vibram TC5+ rubber sole
Additional Info :
Merrell has designed this boot for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy hiking in cool, wet weather. It features dual-density cushioning and a waterproof lining, both of which provide great comfort. The sole is made from TPU, which provides great stability and grip on wet surfaces, as well as an additional layer of protection from sharp objects. The toe reinforcement also adds to the protection.
Unfortunately, this boot doesn’t come with a removable footbed, although you can easily buy one separately. Another minor issue is that the upper material isn’t quite as durable as you’d like.
Things To Consider Before Buying A rei hiking gaiters
The G3 Gaiters are designed to be light, breathable and waterproof. They are cut for a cycling-specific sock-less fit and are sewn with Dyneema thread for excellent durability. The G3 Gaiters are also seam-tapered and have a contoured cuff for comfort. Features
Lightweight, breathable, and sewn with durable Dyneema thread
Cuff is contoured for comfort
Cuffs can be rolled up and secured with straps
Sizing for the G3 Gaiters is accomplished with a comprehensive size chart and a measurement guide. Fit
We found that the G3 Gaiters fit exceptionally well. They are cut for a cycling-specific sock-less fit and are sewn with Dyneema thread for excellent durability. The G3 Gaiters are also seam-tapered and have a contoured cuff for comfort. Weather
The G3 Gaiters are meant to provide waterproof, windproof protection against the elements. They are cut for a cycling-specific sock-less fit and sewn with Dyneema thread for excellent durability.
The gaiters are also seam-tapered and have a contoured cuff for comfort. What We Like
We really like the lightweight, breathable, and sewn with durable Dyneema thread design of the G3 Gaiters. We also like the contoured cuffs, the seamed cuffs, and the seamed mid-thigh areas. What We Don’t Like
The only thing we don’t like about the G3 Gaiters is that they are not available in a size small or extra small. This is a bit of a bummer because we have to buy a bit of extra material to get the fit right. Verdict
The REI G3 Gaiters are a well-designed, lightweight, breathable, and waterproof gaiters. We would definitely recommend them to cyclists looking for a cycling-specific gauntlet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Image: daily mail
Is the G-Lite waterproof?
The G-Lite boots are made from Gore-Tex, so they are completely water resistant. Additionally, the boots have a waterproof membrane on the inside, so they are completely protected from water ingress. The only part of the boot that is exposed to water is the outer sole.
The G-Lite boots are not recommended for swimming, but they are a great option for hiking and winter walks in snow.
Yes, the G-Lite hiking gaiters are completely waterproof. The G-Lite hiking gaiters are perfect for rainy days.
What is the best material to use for hiking gaiters?
The best material for hiking gaiters is breathable, waterproof, and durable. The durable material should be able to resist tears, tears and punctures, and abrasion. Some materials that fit these criteria are Gore-Tex, Cordura, and leather.
The Gore-Tex fabric is water repellent and breathable. The Cordura fabric is strong and stretchy, and it is also durable and waterproof.
This will all depend on the kind of terrain you’re hiking on. But I would advise you to look for gaiters that are made of waterproof material. It will come in handy?
So you don’t have to put off hiking because of the fear of getting wet. I have found that waterproof gaiters are long enough to cover the ankle. This is good for people who hike in wet or snowy conditions. So you get all the benefits of gaiters without any compromise.
Size is another important factor to consider. Make sure the gaiters fit you well. Most brands offer different sizes to suit different leg lengths.
And that’s it for our buyer’s guide!
We hope you found the right pair of gaiters for your needs. If you’re still unsure what to get, leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you!
Still not sure what to get? Leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you.
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask away.