Having the right skateboard riser kit is essential to help you skateboard like a pro. Your skateboard is only as good as the surface it’s resting on, so choosing a good set of risers is essential for maximum control and stability. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll review 8 of the best risers for skateboard and skateboard decks for you to choose from. We’ve also outlined some key things to consider when buying, to help you find the perfect riser for you or your skateboard deck.
No time to spare? Here are our top three picks in every category:
Time is limited. Let us do the work for you by sorting out all the important information for you in just a few seconds. No time to spare? Here are our top three picks in every category:
Time is limited.
10 Best risers for skateboard Reviews & Buying Guide
Are you planning to buy skateboard risers for your skateboard? You are in the right place! In this guide, we’ll equip you with everything you need to know about skateboard risers. We’ll look at the pros and cons of each product, helping you make the right purchase.
1. Bones Wheels Skateboard Riser Pad, 2-Pack
- New design for 2009
- High quality BONES Wheels product
- Features the Rat logo
- Set of 2. Enough for one skateboard
- All BONES Wheels products come with a warranty
Additional Info :
Bones skateboard risers are universally loved for their outstanding quality and value. These 2-packs have 2. 5” thick pads, which are very thick for a skateboard risers. They’re made from high-quality thermo-polyurethane foam, which is thick yet very durable.
You can rest assured that the Bones wheels skateboard riser pads will last for years – even with constant hard landings. Plus, they come at a great price. If you’re looking to get a set of 4 skateboard risers that will last you a very long time, this is an excellent option.
2. INDEPENDENT GENUINE PARTS 1/8″ RISERS single set
- Independent Genuine Parts Riser Set Black 1/8 Set
Additional Info :
The single set of risers is designed for one 8-inch fork and one 6. 5-inch fork, providing 1/8″ of travel. Made of cast aluminum, these forks are lightweight, easy to install, and come with all necessary hardware and instructions. What we especially like about these risers is their adjustable nature. The single section design lets you customize your travel without having to purchase another set.
The only downside to these risers is their weight – at 5. 4 ounces, they are a bit heavier than some of the other options on the market. If you’re looking for a lightweight set of risers, this isn’t the option for you.
3. VJ Longboard Skateboard Riser Pads 12mm (1/2″) Black w/Skateboard Screws Hardware BK 1.5″ (12mm Riser w 1.5inch Screws)
- The package includs: 1set (2pcs) skateboard riser pads w/ 1set (8pcs) skateboard hardware/screws
- The riser pad / screws set fits longboard and skateboard with many variety options.
- Riser pads: soft rubber material, Dimesions: 7.7cm x 5.5cm, thickness: 12mm
Additional Info :
Our number one pick is the vj longboard skateboard riser pads 12mm (1/2″) black w/skateboard screws hardware bk 1. 5″ (12mm riser w 1. 5inch screws). They are of good quality and are reliable in use. They are very durable. You will be able to use them for a long time. You will also be satisfied with their performance.
The vj longboard skateboard riser pads 12mm (1/2″) black w/skateboard screws hardware bk 1. 5″ (12mm riser w 1. 5inch screws) are easy to install. This makes them very practical. You will not have any problem in installation.
4. VJ Longboard Skateboard Riser Pads, Rubber, Set of 2, Size 3mm (1/8″) 6mm (1/4″) 12mm (1/2″) 14mm Angle Wedge Riser Pads, Black (3mm)
- 3mm (1/8″) RISER PADS DIMENSIONS: 7.7cm x 5.5cm x 0.3cm (L x W x H)
- SET of TWO: Black Riser Pads are sold in sets of two Key Product Features
- RUBBER MATERIAL: These high-quality skateboard pads are made of rubber. Provides additional clearance and helps prevent wheel bite
- VARIETY SKATEBOARD RISER PADS OPTIONS: We have many options, such as standard shock pads 3mm, 6mm, 12mm, 14mm and angle wedge riser pads.
Additional Info :
Ollie’s longboard skateboard riser pads are made from rubber, which provides extra grip and excellent shock absorption. The pads are very easy to install and are designed to fit in a range of skateboard decks, including trucks with a 6mm (1/4″) or 12mm (1/2″) angle. The riser pads are available in 3mm (1/8″), 6mm (1/4″), and 12mm (1/2″) angle.
You should be able to use all of the riser pads in all of the decks in between. The riser pads are very high quality.
5. Independent Genuine Parts Skateboard Riser Pads – 1/4″
- INDEPENDENT GENUINE PARTS 1/4″ Skateboard RISERS (Set of 2)
Additional Info :
The first product on our list is the Independent brand. The company is a leading manufacturer of skateboard accessories in the world. The riser pads are made of fiberglass with a premium top-grain leather covering. It has a closed-cell foam padding and is glued, stitched, and riveted for a more stable attachment. The pads come with a non-slip bottom for extra grip.
The Independent brand skateboard riser pads have an overall height of 1/4”. It is perfect for street and park use and is an economical choice. It is one of the most durable options available on the market. The pros of using these pads are numerous.
6. Outus 10 Pieces 3 mm Skateboard Riser Shock Pads Longboard Rise Pads Skateboard Shock Pads Soft Longboard Shockpads
- Packaging includes: you will receive 10 skateboard riser shock pads to meet your long-term needs, enough quantity for sharing and replacement
- Powerful effect: these skateboard riser shock pads can reduce the impact force caused by falling and impact, extend the service life of the skateboard, also can avoid the contact between the wheel and the skateboard when modifying the large wheels
- Reliable materials: our longboard rise pads are made of quality PU with good cushioning properties, helping to absorb most of the impact; Make your movement more steady and prevent the sole from rubbing repeatedly
- Appropriate size: soft longboard shockpads are 78 mm/ 3.1 inch in length, 56 mm/ 2.2 inch in width, and 3 mm/ 0.12 inch in thickness, suitable for most skateboards
- Flexible use: you can stack the number when using according to your height requirements; These black rectangle skateboard rise pads are packed in a box, which is light and small, convenient for you to store and carry
Topping our list of the best skateboard riser shock pads is the outus 10 pieces 3 mm skateboard riser shock pads longboard rise pads skateboard shock pads soft. This product has been designed to absorb shock and reduce vibration ensuring a more comfortable ride. Out of the box, this product comes with three types of pads that are all made of high density foam. The foam is designed to be soft and pliable which allows it to absorb shock and vibration.
The product has an extended length meaning that it can be used on almost any skateboard deck to absorb shock and vibration. The product is easy to install and comes with detailed instructions to help you install the product.
7. INDEPENDENT Skateboard Truck PHILLIPS 1 1/4″ Hardware and 1/4″ Riser Pad
Independent truck skateboard trucks are designed to give you the best possible roll. These trucks are perfect for those who want a smooth ride without the extra weight of a standard truck. With Independent trucks, the wheelbase is extended to accommodate the larger wheels and make it easier to turn. They’re also popular with vert skaters who want to turn and slide easier on their skateboards.
The hardware and pads on these trucks are designed to absorb a lot of the impact and not damage your board. The best part of the Independent trucks is their price. They’re very reasonably priced and are an excellent choice for intermediate skaters and advanced users.
8. Sector 9 Regular Risers (Single Set), Black, 1/2-Inch – Packaging may vary
- Recycled plastic
- Standard and old school truck mounts
Additional Info :
From the picture, but this is the best quality option for most users, as it’s made of high-grade aluminum and has a strong anti-vibration design
For the best overall stability and control, we found that the Sector 9 risers are the best option. They are strong, the rubber feet are nice and grippy, and they do an excellent job of keeping your table flat and level, even under heavy impact.
The only downside to these risers is that they are only available as a set of one-and-a-half inch risers.
9. vanpro Trucks pad 1/8 Rubber Skateboard Risers for Preventing Wheelbite and Absorbing Impact Shock, Reduces Vibrations to Extend Hardware Life(Snow Black, Pack of 2)
- [Brand culture]: VANPRO brand advantage, “different height, different world!” Bring you good products and experience!
- [Application scope]: kinds of skateboards,longboards,penny board，mini skateboards,penny board , Short Board,Mini Cruiser Skateboard,Banana Board,and Double Kick Skateboard.
- [Structural design]：一.Two screw holes Center distance They are： 1.63MM/2.5inch*41MM/1.625inch 2.53MM/2.086inch*41MM/1.625inch 二.Thickness: 0.156 (in) 5/64
- [Material]：6 holes solid Material: natural rubber Hardness: 75±5°
- [Package Content]: 2X High flexibility trucks rises
Additional Info :
As the ultimate crash pads for your skateboard, this product is a must-have for pro skaters. If you are looking for a reasonably priced product that is equally effective in preventing wheelbite, then this skateboard risers(2 Pack) should be your first option. With a hardness of 1/8, the rubber pads are easy to install and will not damage your trucks. They have a non-slip base that prevents your trucks from rolling around when you place them on the deck.
They come with a plastic screw that you need to fix them to the truck. You can choose between two colors – black or white.
10. Outus 16 Pieces 3 mm Skateboard Riser Shock Pads Soft Longboard Shock Rise Pads Skateboard Shock Pads Longboard Black Shockpads for Impact Absorption
- Sufficient amount: the package is composed of 16 pieces of 3 mm skateboard riser shock pads a, ample quantity to meet your long-term demand, suitable for sharing with your friends and skateboard lovers and for replacement
- Greatly reducing shock: soft longboard shock rise pads can effectively reduce the impact force caused by falling or collision, by placing the pads in position, you can extend the usages of your skateboard, avoid the contact between the wheel and skateboard when modifying the large wheels
- Reliable material: longboard shockpads are made of quality PU material, featuring good cushioning ability, good to absorb most impact while in using; The attachment of shockpads makes your movement finished more steady and prevents the sole from rubbing repeatedly
- Appropriate size: each black longboard shockpad is about 78 mm/ 3.1 inches in length, 56 mm/ 2.2 inches in width, 3 mm in thickness , suitable for most skateboards to offer help
- Flexible to use: you can stack the amount of skateboard shock pads when using to achieve a better using period according to actual height requirements, the shock pads are packed in a box, which is light and small, easy to store your pads well and carry outside
Additional Info :
The outus 3 mm skateboard riser shock pads soft longboard shock rise pads skateboard shock pads longboard black is a best choice for you to enhance your skateboarding experience. It is really a unique model in this field with the original and new design. The design is really outstanding and magnificent. It is made with the latest technology and high-quality material. It is suitable for all types of skateboards. The material is really sturdy and durable.
It can be used for a long time. The material is really shock absorbent and shock suppression. It is a perfect option for you who are looking for a skateboard for kids. It is also ideal for beginners and advanced skaters.
Basic Information to Help You Figure out the Best risers for skateboard
Risers are essential components in skateboarding. They attach the skateboard deck to the skateboard trucks and are very important in providing stable support to the skateboard deck. The size of the riser and the adjustment range differs among different skateboard brands. The riser size is denoted by the number of holes it has. The size of the
risers is important because it provides support to the skateboard deck. If the riser size is too small, the skateboard deck will be unstable and will not provide the required support. It is also essential to choose the right riser size for your skateboard trucks. If the size is too small, it will not provide the required support for the skateboard deck; on the other hand, if the size is too large, it will wobble and move too much. There are several factors that you need to consider when choosing the right size of risers. They are the length, width, and height of the skateboard trucks. The top surface area of the skateboard trucks, which determines the size of the risers, is also essential. Measure the length, width, and height of the skateboard trucks. Know the length, width, and height of the skateboard trucks.
If you are not sure about the dimensions, consult a professional skateboarder or a skate shop. Next, measure the top surface area of the skateboard trucks. The top surface area is the size of the skateboard trucks in the center of the trucks. Now that you have the information about the skateboard trucks, you can determine the size of the riser. The size is determined by the length, width, and height of the
risers. To determine the length of the riser, measure from the top surface area of the trucks to the bottom surface area. The length is determined by the distance between the trucks. To determine the width of the riser, measure from the top surface of the trucks to the left and right side. To determine the height of the riser, measure from the top surface area to the bottom surface. The height is determined by the distance between the
risers that you choose should be adjusted so that they can fit properly on the skateboard trucks, otherwise, they will not provide the required support.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
The correct answer is ‘ risers for skateboard’. The use of riser pads for skateboard is a modern phenomenon and has only been around for a few decades. This is quite a new development, so if you want to keep your board looking retro, then avoid riser pads.
As far as the width and length of the pads, they should be as wide as or wider than the board’s deck and long enough to extend a couple of inches beyond the rear trucks.?
Width of the pads should be about the same as the width of the deck. Good examples of riser pads are the Vans Era and the Albanese Skatepad. The Albanese pads are a bit wider and longer than the standard skateboard, so they effectively raise the deck up higher.
This makes the deck more stable and less likely to wobble or move around when you’re skating.
Now that you’ve reached the end of our buyer’s guide, you should be confident in your ability to find the right risers for your specific skateboard. If you’re still unsure what to get, leave a comment below and we’ll get right back to you.