Are you a beginner rock climber or do you just like to hang around the climbing wall without the hassle of carrying your equipment? You should consider getting a rock climbing rope bag to keep your rope safe, secure and easy to access. A rope bag is a specific kind of bag designed to store your climbing rope and other equipment safely and securely. It would be a pity if you spent a lot of time looking for the right rope bag only to end up purchasing a cheap imitation. To make things easier for you, we have reviewed the best rock climbing rope bags to purchase online.
This review will look at the top 3 rock climbing rope bags in the market, which are the Sterling Fusion, the Salomon Trinity, and the Black Diamond JetForce. We have also included a buyer’s guide to help you find the best rope bag for your needs. After a long day of rock climbing, you need to be able to trust your rope with no fear of losing it.
Our Top 10 Best rock climbing rope bags On The Market
One of the most essential accessories for rock climbing is a rope bag. It is a must have for your climbing gear. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced climber, the rope bag is a must. The rope bag is an indispensable tool for the rock climber.
The bag protects the rope from dirt and dust. You can securely keep your rope in a bag to ensure its safety.
1. PHRIXUS Rock Climbing Rope Bag, Waterproof Folding Shoulder Backpack with Ground Sheet, Buckles and Carry Straps, 500D Rope Storage Bag for Climbing, Large Capacity for 80m Climbing Rope, Black
- CLASSIC ROPE BAG: PHRIXUS rope bag is used to place climbing ropes and other necessary accessories. This is a large-capacity bag with a top zippered pocket. Mesh top lets you know items inside at one glance.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: Constructed of rip-stop 500D Oxford Fabric, water-resistant, stain-resistant, durable and lightweight, our rope bag can protect and carry ropes for your mountaineering or other outdoor activities.
- WELL PROTECTION: The upgraded rock climbing rope bag helps to prolong the life of your rope. It has built-in folding rope tarp, helps you organize your gear more easily, and protect your rope from dirt and dampness.
- EASY TO CARRY: Rock climbing bag gear bag has adjustable back shoulder straps for easy transportation. Top pocket for storage, and you can storage your phone, keys and wallet, etc.
Additional Info :
The first product on our list of the best rock climbing rope bags is the Blackphrixus Rock Climbing Rope Bag, 500D, Folding Shoulder Desert Backpack with Ground Sheet, Buckles and Carry Straps, which we find to be the best overall. It is a pretty nice bag that has a lot of great and useful features. Related: Best harnesses
First of all, it is a nice looking bag that is designed to hold a 80m climbing rope.
Secondly, it has a waterproof ground sheet, which will ensure that if you get the bag dirty, it will not be a problem to clean it.
2. NiceClimbs Rock Climbing Rope Bag
- Reinforced backpack style carrying straps
- Water repellent 1×1 meter rope tarp with color-coded loops
- Zippered storage pocket for keys and wallet
- Folds and zips into its own pocket for compact storage if bringing along on a multi-pitch
- Just a nice quality rope bag for a fair price
This rope bag is super nice looking and it’s made of 100% cotton canvas. The material has a water resistant finish. It’s durable enough for outdoor and indoor use. The shoulder straps are wide and padded. They are adjustable so you can either use the bag as a backpack or wear it on your back.
The material is also quite durable as it’s been reinforced with extra stitching. The seams are double-stitched to prevent any fraying. This bag is able to carry up to 6? of rope, meaning it can hold ropes up to 9mm in diameter. The bag has plenty of extra space for storing your other gear.
3. Petzl KLIFF Rope Bag – 36-Liter Rope Bag for Sport Climbing With Removable Tarp – Grey
- YOUR CRAGGING WORKHORSE: With a built-in rope tarp, 36 liters of storage, and a simple, easy-to-access closure system; the KLIFF will quickly become your go-to for days out on rock.
- MAXIMUM STORAGE WITHOUT THE BULK: 36-liter volume. Stows up to 100 m of rope, as well as all other climbing gear (such as harness, quickdraws, and shoes). Two internal handles make it easy to store the rope. Zippered pocket provides quick access to topo map, phone, keys, and other items.
- COMFORTABLE CARRY: Adjustable foam shoulder straps. Sternum strap keeps the shoulder straps in place.
- REMOVABLE TARP: Detachable protective tarp provides a 140 x 140 cm 55 x 55 in clean area for ropes.
Additional Info :
The Kliff rope bag is a top pick for sport climbing. It’s a durable bag, with a nice design, and it has a removable tarp that you can use to store gear, equipment, or clothing. The rope is nice and smooth, and it’s very easy to pull into your belay device. This rope bag also has plenty of extra ropes for when you upgrade your harness.
The material is very tough, so this is a great option for any avid sport climber. You also get a durable shoulder strap, plus a buckle to keep the bag closed. The only downside to this bag is that it’s a little bit on the expensive side.
4. Petzl TARP Bag – Large Rope Tarp for Gym and Rock Climbing – Black
- EXTEND ROPE LIFE: Dirty ropes are hard to handle. They tear up your gear. Keep your rope clean and supple with a TARP.
- MORE SURFACE AREA: The 140cm x 140cm 55 x 55 in area of the TARP makes it great for keeping your rope free of dirt and dust. Accomodates all sizes of rope (70m+).
- INTUITIVE DESIGN: four handles for easier transport. Color-coded for easy rope end identification. Orange borders provide quick visual identification. Quick stowing, without the need to coil the rope.
- DURABLE and VERSATILE: Abrasion-resistant coated canvas. Can be placed higher up to provides protection from the sun or rain.
Additional Info :
The first pick, our Editor’s Choice, is the Petzl Rope Tarp. It has a large size of 53 x 38 inches. This tarp is great for gym, rock climbing and mountaineering. This tarp is designed to be used in conjunction with the Rope climbing system, which comes with a rope harness, and a nylon rope. The nylon rope is 12mm in diameter and is rated at 1000kg.
Although this tarp is designed for rope climbing, it is also very suitable for gym purposes. It is easy to fold and is lightweight. Also, it is a UV-resistant material and therefore, ideal for outdoor use.
5. Climbing Quickdraw Hanging Storage Bag, Carabiner Hook Gear Equipment Parts Collections, Durable Foldable Bundled Roll Anti-scratch Bag, Small Tools Organizer Pouch, suit for Rock Climbing Ice Climb
- This rock climbing storage bag can simple clearly arrange the quickdraw and climbing small parts, and it is easier to find the missing parts. It can meet the requirements of rock climbing, cave carrying basic equipment, and the display cloth is made of high quality nylon fabric. durable Wear and scratch resistant.
- This storage display wall cloth is specially designed for rock climbing. It has been verified by professionals and is very easy to use then it is recommended to rock climbers.
- The Climbing parts Bags be made of 420D nylon material, waterproof, durable and lightweight, long-lasting for a lifetime using an ultralight for you to carry.
- Designed with multiple hanging loops and zipper mesh bags to separate equipment and check quantity quickly and easily. time-saving and high efficiency Just roll up the storage bag, tighten the strap and close the buckle, then you can take the small pack to anywhere you want.
- It suits for great sling carabiner gear equipment collection bag for outdoor rock climbing, caving, tree arborist, rigging, mountaineering and so on.
Additional Info :
, alpine climbing, mountaineering and backpackingThe first option we recommend is the Selkirk Gear 18 ft/6. 5 m Duct Tape Paracord Quickdraw Hanging Bag. It is a good option for those who want to get the best bang for their buck. It is a durable product that allows you to carry your gear in the safest way possible.
The bag can hold up to six 8-foot carabiners and has its own strap to ensure that it remains in place whenever you need it. The Selkirk Gear 18 ft/6. 5 m Duct Tape Paracord Quickdraw Hanging Bag is made of 210T polyester material that makes it strong and durable.
6. Rock-N-Rescue Arbor Rope Storage Bag – Rock and Tree Climbing Equipment, Arborist Gear, Bucket Style Backpack, Waterproof Nylon Material, Blue, 200′
- BUILT FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS: The RNR ARBOR Rope Storage Bag is a practical way to store your gear on any excursion and is purpose-built to meet the demands of the modern arborist or rock climber
- RUGGED, WATERPROOF MATERIAL: Our bags are made with tough 1000 denier coated nylon fabric and weatherproof nylon ripstop that will last through the toughest of jobs and the harshest of conditions
- EASY TO OPEN AND CLOSE: The newly designed bucket style rope bag has a wide profile which makes it easier to stuff and store your climbing line and ropes, and you can use it as a crossbody if you need to switch positions
- HAS 4 ROOMY POCKETS FOR EXTRA STORAGE: Our bag is lightweight yet durable and features 4 side pockets with a top velcro closure to keep all your essential climbing system components in one area
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.:Proudly made by Rock N Rescue in the U.S.A., our durable bags feature a clear ID pocket on the front and come in a variety of colors and sizes suitable for any wilderness adventure
Additional Info :
The first thing you’ll notice about this bag is how durable it is. The nylon material is waterproof and tough, meaning it’ll last through all your rock climbing gear without tearing, even if you have it in your car for ages. It also has a strong drawstring to ensure it holds its’ shape. The bag itself is quite large, so it’s perfect for storing climbing harnesses, ropes, carabiners, and other gear.
The only real downside to this product is the price. At just over $10 a bag, it’s quite expensive. However, if you’re looking for a durable, high quality bucket storage bag, this is the way to go.
7. Mollytek Rock Climbing Gear Storage Bag Foldable Waterproof Roll Up D-Ring Climbing Quickdraw Hanging Tool Equipment Gear Carabiner Organizer Collection Bag Carry Pouch 420D Oxford Cloth (Black)
- The rock climbing gear bag is made of 320T nylon material, waterproof, durable and lightweight, long-lasting for a lifetime using an ultralight for you to carry.
- Come with multiple compartments, every gadget can find its place here, easy to sort things out, everything is clearly visible so that you can find the missing parts before starting off.
- Foldable Design: just pack all your climbing carabiners inside, tighten the strap, close the buckle, roll up it into a small bag, then the minimized size can easily fit into your backpack.
- Great climbing carabiner collection bag for outdoor rock climbing, caving, tree arborist, rigging, mountaineering and so on. This product is also suitable for placing things like tower, toothbrush and cosmetics when travelling. If you are an outdoor travelling lover, you deserve it.
- Package Includes: 1 x Climbing Gear Organizer, Unfold size 33X10.6 Inches. Fold size 8.3X10.6 inches
Additional Info :
A Mollytek rock climbing gear storage bag is the best choice when you want to keep your gear safe and dry. Made from 420D oxford cloth, this bag has a strong and durable build. Its zip closure and fabric material make it a reliable carabiner organizer. This bag comes with a black color, which is a good choice if you prefer a more classic design. The material is strong and rugged.
It can withstand hard use and ensure the safety of your gear. The bag has four D-rings and a metal zipper. It can easily hold your ropes, quickdraws, harnesses, shoes, etc. The zipper is strong, so it is easy to pack and store your gear.
8. CLIMBX Rock Climbing Rope Bag (Blue)
- Dual Backpack Straps
- Zippered Pocket
- Tarp Dimensions: 41″ x 41″
Additional Info :
This bag is very durable, which is one of the most important things when buying a rope bag. The material is a tough polyester that is weatherproof, plus it is water resistant, so it will protect your rope from any moisture. The material is very tough and the seams are double stitched, which makes this bag the perfect choice for your next climbing trip. This rope bag comes with an internal rope organizer, which is perfect for keeping your rope organized.
You will have easy access to all the rope sections, plus it will keep the rope as tangle-free as possible. The organizer is also made of durable material, so you can be sure that it will last for a long time.
9. BARHAR Cord Trapper Rope Tarp-Rock Climbing Quick Deploy Bag-Waterproof Outdoor Tree Climbing Gear Rope Bag& Carry Straps
Additional Info :
This rope bag by Barhar is an incredibly versatile product that can be used for a multitude of activities. It is particularly useful for rock climbers who need to transport their ropes safely and securely. The cordura material ensures that the bag is durable and weatherproof, ensuring that you can use it when you are going to the gym or on your way to the climbing wall.
The material also makes the bag relatively easy to attach to your harness or pack as there is a loop on one end of the bag that allows you to clip the cord to your gear. This makes it easy for you to get to your ropes without having to untangle the bag when you need to.
10. C·WILDYFIELD Climbing Rope Bag,Waterproof Folding Shoulder Backpack,500D Rope Storage Bag for Climbing Hiking Trekking
- 【Premium Material】: The rope bag is made of heavy duty 500D Oxford cloth, which is durable, waterproof, stain resistant and lightweight.
- 【Size】: 18.9×9.84×9.45″ when opened, 8.66×7.87×2.17″ when folded; stores large bundles of rope and other climbing gear to keep them neat and safe. Easily folds up when emptied for compact storage and transport.
- 【Large Capacity】: When the climbing bag gear bag is opened, the wrapped coat becomes a small storage bag with zippered pockets to store climbing ropes and other necessary accessories.
- 【Easy to Carry】: Adjustable length double shoulder straps are easy to transport, with two sturdy hardware buckles on the side. When not in use, the rope bag can be folded away without taking up extra space.
- 【Wide Uses】: It is the perfect rope bag for mountaineering, ice climbing, rock climbing and caving, and can also be used as a gym bag to carry basketballs, roller skates and other sports equipment.
Additional Info :
C·Wildyfield is a first-rate brand in the climbing rope bag industry, and this is their best product. It has a waterproof, rugged design, and the rope can be stored inside the main compartment. The material is polyester, and it’s 500d polyester, which is durable and weatherproof, meaning it can hold its shape even when it gets beaten up. This product is a decent size for climbing and comes with a nice padded shoulder strap for comfort.
The clips are durable, meaning you can clip it onto your harness for easy carrying. What we like about this product: The durability of the material, the fact that it can hold its shape even when it gets beaten up.
rock climbing rope bags You Should Consider
MMC Rock Climbing Rope Bag
Now first off, I need to say that I don’t think you can actually “skip” this section and just go straight to the reviews. There’s just so much to discuss, especially for the cheaper options. I’m going to list the most important things to consider, but there are quite a few other things that you need to be aware of. This is the most comprehensive buyers’ guide that I’ve written so far and I encourage you to read it all the way through before making your choice. First off, your experience. I know that this seems like a no-brainer, but if you’ve never climbed before, it’s definitely a good idea to get something more advanced. It will help you with endurance and will help you develop your climbing skills faster. I’ve listed pros and cons of both beginner and advanced options below. You’ll also see that some products have specific features tailored towards experienced climbers. Features to consider
I’ve divided the features into four different sections for easier browsing.
I’ll add a few more features to each section in a few more reviews, but for now, here’s a quick summary of each of the sections:
Rock climbing ropes are heavy, even the light ones. It’s best to keep your hands free and have access to your rope at all times, so you can always grab it, no matter where you are. Most of the bags have one or two pockets for easy access to your gloves, phone, keys, etc. There are also plenty of other features that also help with this, like the drawstring closure, adjustable straps, and internal pockets. Durability
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about durability is the material. The most durable option is probably the Black Diamond Trigger Rock Climbing Rope Bag, with its Dyneema Composite Shell. It’s not the cheapest, but it’s worth it if you’re looking for something that will last a long time. Ease of use
Nothing is worse than having a bag that’s hard to use, especially when you’re already in a hurry. Bags with drawstrings and snap closures are super easy to use and almost all of the bags have these features.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
and ‘rock climbing rope bags’. 2. What is the best way to transport climbing ropes?
There are many different ways to transport your climbing rope. Some pros use special cases to transport their ropes, but these are quite expensive and bulky. If you are traveling with your rope and you don’t need a special case, the best thing to do is simply transport it in a rope bag.
I have written a few guides on how to transport your climbing rope as well as a buying guide, so make sure to check them out if you need some help.
Well, if you are going to a climbing wall, you should store them away from direct sunlight. You can store them in a cool, dark place. If you are going to a climbing area, you should always use a rope bag. These rope bags are designed for rope storage and will protect your rope from dirt, dust, and damage.
3. How many times a day should I?
The answer to this question depends on the climbing wall. If you are using a bouldering wall, you should climb at least once every 48 hours. If you are climbing at a gym, you should climb at least once every 10 days.
4. How many grades does the wall have If the wall has different grades, you should climb it once to get an idea of how hard it is.
If you’re serious about your gear and gear care, an integrated rope bag is a great upgrade for any rock climber. The extra protection and convenience of an integrated rope bag make it a no-brainer for those who travel often. We’ve reviewed top rope bag options for all types of climbers and all types of ropes. From our Editors’ Choice, the Black Diamond Pitchra, all the way to our Best Buy Black Diamond, we’ve got you covered with a rope bag that is right for you.
The addition of a rope bag is a great upgrade for any climber. It allows you to safely carry your rope, protect it, and keep it clean.