Shimano hydraulic brake system has always been a popular choice for downhill racers and athletes. It has a very high performance and braking power, which is critical for downhill racers. However, like other high-performance brake systems, you need to purchase all the parts separately. The good news is that Shimano has provided a brake hose kit that includes everything you need.
Below, we’ve reviewed the top 3 Shimano hydraulic brake hose kits on the market today. After that, we’ve explained how to choose the right Shimano hydraulic brake hose kit for you. We have also included some tips on how to choose the right brake hose kit for your needs.
10 Best shimano hydraulic brake hose kits Reviews in 2022
Shimano hydraulic brake hose kits are super easy to install and use. They come with everything you need, including the hose, fittings, and clamps. You’ll be able to use them on all types of bikes, including road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, and even BMX bikes.
The brake hoses come in two different lengths. The shortest is 6 meters, which is enough to reach the front and rear brakes on most road bikes.
1. Farbetter 2500mm Bicycle Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose Complete Kit for Shimano BH59 System Included 4PCS Lever Covers, 4PCS Compression Nuts, 6PCS Protective sleeves, 5PCS Oliver and 5PCS Inserts (Black)
- The Complete kit is perfect for Shimano BH59 System, and you don’t need to buy any accessories.
- 2500mm long pipes can be tailored to your needs. Complete kit Including 4PCS Brake Lever Covers and 4PCS Compression Nuts, 6PCS Protective sleeves, 5PCS Oliver and 5PCS Inserts.
- Compatible for Shimano 355/395/396/445/446/447/486/505/575.
- Brake hose is made of high-quality material and nylon coating, which is durable and stable.
- Precision CNC made, has fine workmanship, high temperature and low temperature resistance, high blasting coefficient and safe use.
Additional Info :
Designed for shimano bh59 hydraulic disc brake system, this complete hose kit consists of 4pcs lever covers, 4pcs compression nuts, 6pcs protective sleeves, 5pcs black oliver and 5pcs inserts (black). The lever covers are made of durable plastic and enhance the look of the internal hose connectors. Besides, they prevent dirt and water from entering the hose connectors. The compression nuts are made from aluminum and provide good strength with minimum weight.
As a result, the brake hose stays firm and does not burst under high pressure. The black olivers are made of rubber and go well with the black compression nuts and protective sleeves.
2. 10PCS Bicycle Brake Olive and Brass Connecting Insert Kit for Shimano BH59 BH90 Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose (BH90)
- Material: Copper/Steel
- Bicycle brake olive and barb are compatible with Shimano DEORE SLX XT XTR
- Precision CNC made,High Quality metal, Perfectly fits shimano BH90 hose.
- Compatible for Shimano M615/M675/T750/M785/M985 /M7000/M8000/M9000.
- Disposable articles, because the brass olive head after use will be deformed.
Additional Info :
The best option to fix the hose is this set of inserts. They are made of brass and can help with the smoothness of the braking feel and extend the braking distance. They are sold as a set of 10 pieces, so you won’t have to worry about buying extra pieces. It’s an all-in-one solution that fits most brake hoses.
Just make sure you have the right size for your brake hose – the manufacturer’s website has a chart to help you figure it out. This set is also a budget option, and it’s easy to install. All you have to do is cut the end off your hose and slide the brass inserts into the hose.
3. Dymoece Bicycle Brake Olive and Brass Connecting Insert Kit for Shimano BH59 BH90 Avid Sram Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose
- Perfectly fits for shimano BH90 system
- Compatible with Shimano DEORE SLX XT XTR
- Suitable for Shimano M7000/M8000/M9000 M615/M675/T750/M785/M985
Additional Info :
AdapterThe dymoece bicycle brake olive and brass connecting insert kit is a must have for all cyclists who want to use braided brake hoses on their bicycles. Braided brake hoses are sturdier than ordinary steel brake hoses but they are not so tough as to withstand the punishment of being slammed onto the road. The dymoece bicycle brake Olive and Brass Connecting Insert Kit is a perfect solution to protect your braided brake hoses.
The brake olive and brass connecting insert kit is a complete kit that comes with everything you need to connect your braided brake hose to your brake lever and to your brake lever to your brake caliper.
4. RSN Sports Bleed Kit for Shimano Hydraulic Mountain Bike Brakes with 60ml Mineral Oil
- BleedZone kit for SHIMANO hydraulic 2 piston MTB brakes. A special feature of our kit is the flexible silicone hose, which offers a very secure attachment to the bleed nipple. Join over 100,000 riders who have bled their brakes with us!
- ➤ funnel + stopper, genuine 60ml SHIMANO mineral oil rebottled
- ➤ reusable 20ml syringe, high quality, flexible silicone hose
- ➤ bleed block, pair of gloves, hook and loop fastener pair
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with XTR, XT, SLX, Deore, Saine, Zee, Alivio, Acera, and Altus hydraulic brakes.
As you may already know, Shimano has been the absolute leader in the bike brake market for a very long time now. The company has a wide range of hydraulic mountain bike brakes, and you can use whichever one you like the most. The best part about this bleed kit is that it comes with 60ml of mineral oil, which means you can use it for all of Shimano’s hydraulic mountain bike brakes with 60ml of mineral oil.
This is a great option if you want to be able to use the same bleed kit on all your brakes. The kit itself is very easy to use as well.
5. YBEKI Bicycle Brake Hose and Brass Connection Insert Kit, 2500mm Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose Kit for Shimano BH59 BH90 Avid Sram Magura (Black BH90)
- ☆ MODEL – Applicable BH90 written on the original brake hose, m506、m596、m615、m666、m675、m7000、T750、m785、m8000、m8020、m985、m9000、R7020、R7025、R8020、R8070、R9170、R9120、R9180、R7070、R8070、R9170 etc. Matters needing attention (cutting the hose needs to be cut flat, otherwise the copper connector will be easily torn when inserted into the hose)
- ☆ HIGH PRESSURE ANTI-RIOT TUBING – DuPont Kevlar bulletproof fiber + Teflon reinforced braid and inner tube. High-quality materials make it extremely compressive.
- ☆ HIGHLY APPLICABLE JOINTS – Higher-purity pure copper olive head and oil needle have super high weather resistance after pressing and deforming tightly. Wider adaptability to various brake fluids. No matter what kind of brake fluid, there is no need to worry about its aging and oil leakage, even if it is soaked in the brake fluid or exposed for a long time.
- ☆ QUALITY GUARANTEE,6 MONTH WARRANTY. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the purchase you have made, do not hesitate to email us, We will prepare you as soon as possible to solve any problems for you until you are satisfied. Or you only have to return the product for a full refund.
Additional Info :
If you want to save some money, we recommend this black bh90 bike brake hose. At the same time, it’s a high quality brake hose, which is very durable and reliable. The average lifespan of this brake hose is 2-5 years, depending on how often you use the bike. If you do a lot of downhill cycling, this brake hose will last a long time.
The brass connection makes it more durable, and the braided inner is stronger than the traditional rubber hose. Thus, if you have a brake system with high heat, go with this braided brake hose. We also like the way it can be cut to the perfect length.
6. Replacement Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose with Brass Olive and Barbed Fitting Kit for Shimano BH59, BH90, AVID SRAM and Magura, 2.5m Length, Multiple Fitting options (for BH90)
- Replacement 5mm hydraulic disc brake hose in total length of 2.5m.
- Compatible with both mineral and DOT oil
- Available in multiple types of brass olive and barbed fitting options (Compatible with BH59, BH90, AVID SRAM, Magura). Please choose the option required when ordering.
- Come with 6 pcs of protection sleeves
Additional Info :
The first thing you will notice about this brake hose is the length. It comes in 2. 5m, which is more than enough to fit most bikes. The olive and brass fittings will work with almost all disc brake systems. However, the best thing about this brake hose is the quality.
It is made of high-quality rubber with internal strands to prevent it from kinking. The inner strands also make it possible to adjust the length of the brake line to your preferred position. What also makes this brake line a great buy is the price. It is very reasonably priced for the quality you get.
7. Farbetter 2500mm Bicycle Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose Kit for Shimano BH90 System, Including Banjo Adapter, Red/Gold/Silver (Red)
- Perfect for Shimano BH90 system, and compatible with Shimano DEORE SLX XT XTR.
- The length of the 2500mm can be cut according to your needs, and it is enough for you to update a bike.
- Banjo Adapter is precision CNC machining, made of high-strength aluminum alloy, can be a good substitute for the original.
- Brake hose is made of inner liner tube + braided yarn + nylon outer layer, burst coefficient above 10000PSI and tubing ruler of 2.0*5.0mm.
- BH90-SB: Suitable for SLX M666, 675, M7000, XT M785, M8000, XTR M985, M987, M988, M9000, M9020 and other series of brakes.
Additional Info :
Do you want to upgrade your old brake hose or start from scratch? Farbetter has a great deal for you! This hose kit includes three different types of brake hose: one for Shimano BR series, one for the rear derailleur, and one for the front derailleur. The Brake hose for Shimano BR series is a 1. 5mm rubber tube with a steel banjo fitting that’s compatible with all Shimano brakes.
Just use the adapter to connect the brake hose to your brake caliper. The hose for the rear derailleur has a 1mm rubber tube and a steel banjo fitting that’s compatible with all Shimano derailleurs.
8. Jagwire Pro Hydraulic Hose Kit Black, 3000mm
- Durite hydraulic system Quick-Fit
- Length: 3 m with two connections for callipers,
- Requires a Quick-Fit connectors kit to put together
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM
Additional Info :
It’s hard to beat Jagwire’s popularity. The brand has a long history in the world of golf, and their high quality products are a staple in most golfers’ bags. Their hydraulic hose kit is designed to meet the needs of the advanced player. The black hydraulic hose is made out of a more durable material than standard hoses.
The inner diameter is 3/4 inches. This is a great size for most golfers, but those with larger putters may prefer a 5/8-inch hose. In addition to the hose, the kit contains five adapters and a storage case.
9. 48 Pieces Bicycle Brake Olive and Brass Bike Connecting Insert Kit Compatible with Shimano BH90 Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose
- What you get: you will get 24 pieces bicycle brake olive and 24 pieces brass connecting insert, to meet your long-term needs, you can also use them to share with friends
- Nice compatibility: these bicycle brake olive and brass connecting insert kit is well compatible with Shimano BH90 system, compatible with Shimano DEORE SLX XT XTR, also compatible with Shimano M7000/ M8000/ M9000 M615/ M675/ T750/ M785/ M985, please confirm the bicycle model before purchase
- Quality metals: these hydraulic olive and brass connecting inserts are made of quality metals, strong and wear-resistant, and long service life
- Reliable performance: brass connecting insert is well-made, fits for the disc brake hose, tightly matched, and no oil leakage will occur
- Easy to carry: bicycle brake olive kit is packed in a small plastic box, small size and light weight, easy to carry and store
Additional Info :
Between the two brake connection kits we reviewed above, we can say that the Shimano one is more robust and efficient than the one by Bosch. This one is designed to fit the Shimano bh90 bike hydraulic disc brake hose. It will guarantee a secure and precise fit. The brake connection insert is made of brass, which is a better material to withstand heat and corrosion. The best part of this bike brake hose connector kit is that it has 48 pieces.
That is enough to fully cover your entire brake hose. You can be sure that you will have enough spare inserts if you ever need them. Note that this connector is not a product of Shimano but an external brand.
10. SHIMANO BH90-SBM Disc Brake Hose Kit Black, 2000mm
- Compatibility: Shimano XTR break
- Recommended Use: mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
Additional Info :
This Shimano brake hose kit is perfect for road cyclists who want the ultimate in stopping power. It comes with an extra 2000mm of reach, which is perfect for people of different heights in a team. The brake hose itself is made from nylon, which is durable and resistant to hard braking. The outer sheath is made from polyester, which is strong but also very flexible. These brake hoses are also very easy to use.
They are compatible with most bikes with disc brakes, and the installation process is simple. Just make sure you have the right Shimano brake calipers and mounting hardware. You even get a couple of extra inner sheaths to help keep the brake hose nice and clean.
All You Need to Know About Buying shimano hydraulic brake hose kits
The Shimano hydraulic brake hose kit is designed to replace the original brake hose on your bike. This handy replacement kit comes with everything you need to stop better and longer, including a high performance brake fluid that is corrosion and water resistant. The brake hose kit can be used on a large variety of brands and styles of bicycle, including road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrids, kids’ bikes, and more. You can even use the brake hose kit on your folding bike, if you’re replacing the original brake line. The brake hose kit is made to the highest standards, and includes everything you need to stop better and longer. It features corrosion resistant stainless steelbrake lines and fittings, with a high quality and performance brake fluid that won’t freeze in the winter. The brake hose kit will also fit your bike’s brake caliper, and comes with all the tools you need to install it. Features and benefits of the Shimano hydraulic brake hose kits
The Shimano hydraulic brake hose kits are designed to replace the original brake hose on your bike. With this kit, you’ll get everything you need to stop better and longer, including a high performance brake fluid that is corrosion and water resistant and won’t freeze in the winter.
The brake hose kit can be used on a wide variety of bikes, including road bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, kids’ bikes, folding bikes, and more. The brake hose kit is made to the highest standards, and includes everything you need to stop better and longer. It features corrosion resistant stainless steel brake lines and fittings, with a high quality and performance brake fluid that won’t freeze in the winter. The kit fits most bike brake calipers, and comes with all the tools you need to install it. Is the brake hose kit compatible with my bike?
The Shimano brake hose kit is compatible with a wide variety of bikes, including road bikes, hybrid bikes, mountain bikes, kids’ bikes, folding bikes, and more. You’ll need to check the specifications of your brake hose to ensure it will work with your bike. If you’re not sure, you can email us at support@bicyclekitstore. com and we’ll be happy to help.
FAQ Questions and Answers
What type of brake hoses do I need for a Shimano road bike?
There are a lot of road bikes out there, and it can be confusing when you’re buying your first road bike. You may not know that brake hoses are an essential part of a road bike, and you may not know that you need to buy Shimano road brake hoses.
Shimano M7000, M8000 and M9000 road brake hoses are interchangeable. Although the brand-specific features of Shimano’s M9000 brake hose are not available on the other two systems, they are capable of also being used on Shimano M8000, which has a more conventional design with shiny black fittings.
Which are the most expensive Shimano brake hose kits?
The Shimano Ultegra brake hose kit retails for £60. This also contains a Shimano 105mm cable and a matching Shimano hose clip. The Shimano Dura-Ace BR-9000 brake hose kit costs £30 and also features a Shimano 105mm cable.
You can save a little bit of money on this model by opting for the Shimano 105mm cable and hose clip.
The Shimano Brake Hose Kits were our top picks. They are not only easy to install but they also provide a long service life. The only downside is that they can be a bit expensive. Our second choice is the Shimano C-35 Brake Hose Kit, which is the most budget-friendly option. It is made from the best materials, and it also has extra-long length.
The best Shimano brake hose kit for avid cyclists is the Shimano C-40 Brake Hose Kit. It provides all the features of the more expensive kits without any of their downsides. It is also lightweight, which makes it perfect for road and mountain biking.