After you have survived a disaster, the first thing you want to do is get home and relax, right? But how do you get home? What if you get lost? What if you are separated from your group?
I remember the first time I used a chainsaw. I was in the woods, and I started to cut down a tree. I was so excited and proud of myself – I thought I had just learned how to use that useless thing. Boy was I wrong.
The survival chainsaws listed below are some of the best tools you can have in your backpack to help you survive in the wilderness. I suggest you keep at least one of these handy in your car, just in case!
The best part about these is that you don’t need any prior experience to use them. You don’t even need to be an expert to use them.
Our Recommended 10 Best survival chainsaws in 2022
There are times when you simply can’t afford to lose something precious. The keys, phone, wallet, etc. are all very easy to misplace. The problem is, these things are usually pretty small.
If you lose something as big as a limb, you’re going to be in a whole lot of trouble. The best way to keep such a large object safe is to attach it to your body.
1. Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw 36 Inch Long Chain & FREE Fire Starter Best Compact Folding Hand Saw Tool for Survival Gear, Camping, Hunting, Tree Cutting or Emergency Kit. Replaces Your Pruning & Pole Saw
Additional Info :
S, chainsaws, hatchets, axes & more. If you want best pocket chainsaw, this Sportsman pocket chainsaw 36” is the best option for you. Unlike most of the saws on the market that are very heavy, this one is very light so you can carry it anywhere. It is also very compact, making it very easy to carry around. In addition, it is also very simple to use.
To operate, you will just have to fold it and unfold it. The only thing that you will have to do is to assemble it. This is something that you do not have to do with most of the saws that are available on the market.
2. SUMPRI Pocket Chainsaw Survival Gear -36 Inch Long Chain & Free Fire Starter Kit -Compact Hand Saw for Trees -Folding Hand Saw Tool for Camping, Hunting Emergency Kit -Backpacking Gadget Camp Saw
Additional Info :
-this is one of the best pocket chainsaws on the market. The saw is suitable for emergency and outdoor use. The chain length is 36 inches. It can work on hard and soft wood and is not a problem on pine and spruce. It can cut through branches up to 2 inches in diameter. The saw is made of high-quality materials.
The inner tube is made of aluminum, and the steel chain is coated with rust-resistant anti-corrosion nickel plating. In addition, the saw is lightweight, easy to carry. For its size and weight, it is very powerful. It is also easy to use.
3. Roadfare Pocket Chainsaw – 36 Inch Hand Saw With 48 Bi-Directional Teeth – Camping and Survival Chain Saw For Fast Easy Cutting
- Rips through thick tree limbs like butter: this 48 teeth pocket chainsaw is 36 inches long with sharp teeth on every link, so that means the saw cuts 3 x faster than saws with teeth on every third link, and even thick tree limbs are no match for this compact but mighty hand chainsaw.
- Bi-directional teeth reduce binding: this portable, manual chainsaw is like having Paul Bunyan in your pocket. The 48 saw teeth are made from strong heat-treated steel and cut both ways into the wood with less binding or sticking for fast and easy non-slip cutting. The teeth stay sharp easily with a ⅜ P Chainsaw file.
- 36 inch chain rope cuts overhead branches easily: this rope chainsaw is 36 inches, making it easy to swing over high branches for cutting or pruning and fit into tight grooves where chainsaws can’t. The extra length creates a safe distance and easier cutting for one or two people.
- Comfortable handles: the handles are soft nylon which is more comfortable to grab onto than paracord and won’t cut into your hands or cause blisters. The orange color makes it easy to find your manual pocket saw – even in the dark.
- Ultimate camping and survival tool: this 5.96 ounces lightweight pocket chainsaw is stronger, and more compact than a wire or cable saw and includes a high-quality pouch that attaches to your belt for convenience. Use your ropesaw when traveling in your RV or toss it into your backpack so that you’re always prepared for an emergency in the woods.
Additional Info :
This is the first pocket chainsaw we mentioned in this article, and it’s a great one to start with. Not only does it have 36 inches of cutting power, it’s also extremely easy to use. The chain doesn’t get stuck in the saw and can be pulled out with ease. It also has a fairly thick chain that should last for years without needing to be replaced.
The saw itself is lightweight, and the handle is easy to grip so it’s comfortable to use. Plus, it comes with a nylon sheath and a belt loop, for easy transportation. Although the saw doesn’t come with a case, you can buy one separately.
4. Pocket Chainsaw 2 Pack Stainless Steel Emergency tree limb cutter rope saw 20.5”inch Survival hand held wire Saw Camping Gear Folding Chain saw kit Hunting Jungle Outdoor Tools
- WIDELY APPLICATION – Use for survival chain saw,survival gear,pocket chain saw,backpacking gear,cordless chainsaw,chainsaw chain,hunting gear,bow saw,stihl pole saw,backpacking,chainsaw chaps,stihl chainsaw,survival axe,chain saws for trees,hand saw,pruning saw,camping gear,survival electric chainsaw,wood saw,cordless saw,chainsaw,gears,folding saw,chainsaws,tree saw,stihl chainsaws,saws,chain saw,gold rope chain,camping axe,hiking gear
- EFFECTIVELY & COMPACT DESIGN – Use for pvc pipe cutter,soap cutters with wire.Portable and easy to use,it can be applied to cut wood, bone, plastic, soft metal and rubber.Flexible and lightweight, easy to carry.Small size, light weight and easy to carry. It’s a good tool for survival in the wild.The handle is used of plastic ring design, can more effectively protect the user’s hands and reduce the pain in the fingers when pulling. It’s great to put into your pockets, bags or hang on the belts.
- SPECIFICATION & HOW TO USE IT – Use for wire saw survival,soap cutter wire,pvc pipe reamer,duct board cutting tools,soap wire cutter,2 inch pvc cutter,3 8 polyethylene tubing,pvc pipe 4 inch diameter,pex cutter tool.Put your fingers in the thumb ring on both sides, stretch the saw body to tighten up and move the saw body back and forth lightly.Material: steel wire + plastic.Net Weight: The big one is 155g the small one is 20g,With two holders and saw-tooth, it’s sharp and be careful when use
- EASY TO CARRY & MULTI-FUNCTIONAL – Use for ratcheting pvc cutter,pvc pipe corner.With saw tooth and two rings. It can be used for cutting wood, plastic, rubber and metal bone.Use as survival kit,bug out bag,emergency kit,survival gear,hand saw,electric chainsaw,chainsaw,chain saw,emergency light,tool bags,gorilla tape,saw,weed eater,trauma kit,hiking gear,survival emergency,the road back to you,climbing tree stand,camping gear,pole saw,tree climbing gear,firestarter,the giving tree.
- 100% SATISFACTION CUSTOMER SERVICE – Use for pocket chainsaw with handles,wire soap cutter,armored cable cutter,wire rope cutter,porter cable table saw.The chain saw is light weight, versatile and flexible.Definitely be helpful to your bushcraft needs.Perfect for hiking, camping, emergencies, simple yard work and whenever you need to cut down the wood.Package Included:2 Pieces x Camping Survival Stainless Steel Wire Saw Rope;Lifetime Warranty；1-5 days shipping date with tracking number
Additional Info :
1. First of all, we should note that this pocket chainsaw is made of stainless steel, which makes it rust-proof, durable, and versatile enough to be used when hiking, camping, or going to the beach. The chainsaw also has an emergency cutting rope that can be used for a variety of different uses. You can use the saw for cutting rope to make a shelter or even to help start a fire.
This chainsaw can also be used to help you cut branches or to help you start a fire. The design of the saw makes it easy to cut the rope because it is shaped like an ordinary chainsaw, but the cord is made of wire.
5. Upgrade 53 Inch High Reach Tree Limb Hand Rope Saw, 68 Sharp Teeth Blades on Both Sides, Rope Chain Saws for High Tree Limb Folding Pocket Chainsaw Survival Gear for Camping (53 Inch 68 Teeth)
- Perfect Upgrade Rope Saw: The High Tree Limb Rope Chainsaw has an Upgraded 53 Inch Chain with 68 blades on both sides
- Material: Made of high-strength carbon steel
- Easy to use: Cut high tree limbs safely and easily from the ground. This 53 inch flexible saw chain wraps around limbs with 68 teeth which allow it to chew through 4 – 5 inch limbs in a matter of minutes
- Perfect Gift Widely Used- Ideal for camping, hiking or simple yard work whenever you need to cut down branches
- Package Includes: 1 x 53 Inch High Limb Rope Saw, 2 x 16.4ft Ropes, 2 x Orange Handles, 2 x Extra Handles, 1 x Throwing Weight Pouch, 2 x Spring Snap Hook, 1 x Round File for Sharpening
Additional Info :
|Color||53 Inch 68 Teeth|
A rope chain saw can be a bit more difficult to use than an electric one, but the versatility it offers is unparalleled. Not only does it allow you to easily and rapidly cut down any tree, but it can also be used to pry apart logs and branches if you’re ever stuck in a bind. It’s not very portable, but if you need a versatile saw that can be used to easily and rapidly cut down any tree, this is the best option.
It’s also a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but well worth the money. That said, it can be a bit difficult to use at first.
6. Pocket Chainsaw with Paracord Handle 36 Inches 16 Teeth Long Chain Hand Saw Fast Wood & Tree Cutting Emergency Survival Gear Best for Camping Backpacking Hiking Hunting.
- ✔ PORTABLE CHAIN SAW WITH MULTIPURPOSE PARACORD HANDLE: The camp saw extremely light weight, versatile and flexible. 36 inches chain can be folded within 6 inches and total weight only 0.44bls, you take it just as convenient as taking a cell phone! More exciting is its cool paracod handle, it can be untied and extended to maximum 275 inches to reach high branches or other emergency satuations. Perfect for hiking, camping, emergencies, simple yard work and whenever you need to cut down wood.
- ✔ FASTER CUTTING SPEED & SAVING MUCH EFFORT: With eleven sharp cutting saw blades, the portable survival saw can cut through wood from small branches to large tree trunks in seconds and cuts over-head branches with ease, the flexible chainsaw links create steady yet flexible bi-directional motion, which saves a large amount of time and effort.
- ✔ MOST DURABLE & TOUGHEST WILD SURVIVAL GEAR: Made of industrial-grade heat treated steel chain for long lasting durability, with super strong paracord handles and self cleaning style cutting teeth. You never worry about hindering you for the reason of low cutting efficiency.Comes with a convenient and compact belt loop pouch to store hand chain saw. It’s great to put into your pockets, bags or hang on the belts. Definitely be helpful to your bushcraft needs.
- ✔ THE PERFECT GIFT WITH A MULPITLE USES: The universal hand saw ideal for many different wild situations, plus high quality material, portable pocket size and cool appearance. What a best choice as a cool gift for campers, hunters, hikers, backpackers and any outdoorsman!
Additional Info :
This chainsaw is very lightweight and easy to carry, unlike the bigger ones. The 36-inch length is perfect for handling large branches and trees. And the 16 teeth long chain is strong enough to make quick work of wood, but easy on the hands. And the saw itself has a comfortable handle with a durable, non-slip grip.
The hook and loop fastener keeps the cord away from the user’s hand, increasing the comfort and reducing fatigue. But the real highlight of this chainsaw is its paracord handle. It’s not just a simple addition – the cord gives this chainsaw a whole new level of usefulness.
7. YOKEPO Survival Pocket Chainsaw Folding Hand Saw Chain 33 Serrated 3x faster 24 inch Hand Saw with Orange Straps Camping saw for Wood cutting Hiking Survival Bracelet Whistle Wristband and Firestarter
- 3X FASTER– High performance! Three times more blades make cutting trees more efficient. The Bi-Directional cutting blade on EVERY link of the chain and built with high quality 65 Mn steel which is the BEST material for saws.
- The perfect length of 24″ make it a perfect fit for anyone. Complete with pouch and belt clip, Makes A Great Gift For Any Outdoor Enthusiast.
- Lightweight and Compact Size Makes This Emergency Survival Saw Easy to Pack and Take Along. Mainly Used For Forest Harvesters, Wood Sawing. Ideal for Cutting Firewood in Survival Situations Such as Campers,Backpackers, Fishermen, Hikers etc.
- Strong durable bands with bright orange color. Come with Portable Pouch and Wristlet-woven made from (more than) 2m Survival Rope and an extra Flintstone.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE– It’s our goal to have 100% Satisfaction for our customer–You. Any quality-related issues to our saws, please feel free to contact us for a replacement or full refund, we are always here for you. We have 60 days Money Back Guarantee for our product.
Additional Info :
Having a chainsaw in your backpack is always a good thing, but the problem is when you are trying to decide what type of chainsaw to get. You want to get the right one, but how do you do this?
The yokepo survival pocket chainsaw folding hand saw chain 33 serrated 3x faster 24 inch hand saw with orange straps is a great product. It is a chainsaw that is very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional in order to be able to use it.
It has a very efficient design. The saw is very compact, making it very portable and easy to store. It is also very easy to use.
8. Kutir 36 Inch Pocket Chainsaw – Handy Rope Hand Saw Tool for Campting, Cutting Trees, Survival Gear, Hunting, Pruning, or Emergency Use.
- ✔ ALL ROUNDER SAW: This 36inch saw is the only saw you need. It is compact, easy to carry and cuts through like butter. That’s why it is suitable for a wide range of cases.
- ✔ QUALITY MATTERS: The Kutir Pocket Chainsaw cuts any branches with very small effort. It is possible because of our enforced and heat treated blade.
- ✔ SAVE MONEY – Save Hundreds of Dollars on Tree Service with Our DIY High Limb Cutting Kit UPGRADED Chain with 50% More Blades.
- ✔ CUT BIG TREE BRANCHES – Quickly cuts branches up to 16in. in diameter. Cut limbs 40-feet, or add more rope for higher cuts. Flexible chain for any height limbs.
Additional Info :
You’ll love the versatility and quality of the kutir 36 inch pocket chainsaw – a nifty, handy all-purpose tool you’ll want to keep around. It’s a handy rope hand saw, a camping tool, a survival gear, a hunting tool, a pruning tool, and a great emergency saw to have. The kutir 36 inch pocket chainsaw is made of high-quality steel, and it weighs a mere 2.
2 pounds. It’s a handy rope hand saw, a camping tool, a survival gear, a hunting tool, a pruning tool, and an emergency saw to have.
9. 3X Wire Saw Stainless Steel Pocket Chainsaw Mini Cable Survival Gear Pole Saw Emergency Chainsaw Survival Kit Outdoor Tools for Camping Hiking Hunting,3 Color (Blue)
- Package included:3 or 4 PCS.3 colors to choose.
- Material: Steel wire + plastic,light weight,Easy to carry.
- Total length is 21inch steel wire with 4-strand braided chain cord.
- Can be used for cutting wood,plastic,bone,rubber and soft metal,fit for camping.
- Go ahead!100% Satisfaction Guarantee!If for any reason our product doesn’t meet your eEasy to carry: Small size, light weight, flexible.Perfect in your backpack for hiking,camping and other outdoor activities survival tool.
Additional Info :
3x Wire Saw Stainless Steel Pocket Chainsaw Mini Cable Survival Gear Pole Saw Emergency Chainsaw Survival Kit Outdoor Tools for Camping,Sports,Hiking,Daily UseThe chainsaw is made of a strong and durable stainless steel, which is very durable. The saw is quite small, so you can easily carry it with you when you go on a hike or a walk. It is a great gift for your loved ones, friends, or relatives. The chainsaw can also be used on wood, and you can easily cut wood with it.
The saw comes with 3 wires, so you can cut different types of wood. It can also be used as a cable cutter.
10. Pocket Chainsaw with Paracord Handle Emergency Outdoor Survival Gear Folding Hand Chain Saw with Carry Pouch Fire Starter for Camping, Hunting, Tree Cutting, Hiking, Backpacking (36 Inch 16 Teeth)
- ✔Package included: 36inch-16teeth chainsaw with paracord handle, carrying pouch and fire starter
- ✔Reliable quality: Made of high 65 mn high carbon heat treated steel, it is extremely lightweight, versatile, flexible, and compactable to cut very quickly. It is cool paracord handle and can untie and extend reach high branches or other emergency situations
- ✔Fast cutting speed & saving much effort: With sharp cutting saw blades it can cut through wood from small branches to large tree trunks in seconds, which could save you a large amount of time and effort
- ✔Light weight and easy to take: It could be folded in small carrying pouch, which you could take with you everywhere
- ✔Widely used: Can be used for home garden fixing, hiking, camping, hunting, firewood collecting, tree-cutting, motorcycling, traveling and many other outdoor activities. Besides, free 30-day 100% money back guarantee
Additional Info :
|Color||36 Inch 16 Teeth|
The first on our list of the best pocket chainsaws is a well-known brand – GreenWorks. This is a product of Milwaukee, the same brand that has been making tools and hardware for over a century. This product is lightweight and easy to carry around. It has a well-designed carrying case that is made of nylon. The fine-craftsmanship and quality of the case ensure that it will provide the best protection for the chain saw.
The best thing about this chain saw is the cord. The cord used is paracord. This is a superior cord material that can be used for many applications. It has a high breaking strength that makes it ideal for many applications.
A Guide to Choosing the Right survival chainsaws
ReviewThe chainsaw is a versatile tool, it can be used for cutting timber, cutting branches and cutting trees. We like the versatility of the chainsaw and we think that is is one of the best features of this product. The chainsaw is lightweight and portable, which is great if you like to be active and need to do some tree work. It is easy to assemble and disassemble, which is useful if you like to take your chainsaw camping with you. The chainsaw is powered by a 120 cc engine, which is quiet and efficient. It can cut through any tree with ease and is able to handle any task that you want to do with it. Features to consider when choosing a chainsaw
There are different types of chainsaws and you will need to choose the right one for your needs. Here are some of the features that you need to pay attention to when choosing the right chainsaw for your needs. Chainsaw types
There are different kinds of chainsaws, including the reciprocating saw, the saws with a stand, the gas-powered saws and the chainsaw with a bar. Reciprocating saws are great if you are looking for something that can be used to cut small and medium-sized logs. These saws are easy to use and they are lightweight. They are also easy to start and they are easy to use.
Saws with a stand are great if you are looking to do some heavy-duty work with your chainsaw. They are powerful and can handle bigger and thicker logs. They are also more difficult to use than the saws that have a bar, but they are more versatile. Gas-powered saws have a more powerful engine than the other types of saws. They are powerful and efficient, which makes them great for working on a variety of tasks. They are also compact and lightweight. The engine is also protected and well-insulated, which means that it can run at maximum efficiency. Chainsaw bars
There are different chainsaw bars, which will determine the kind of work that you can do with your chainsaw. The most common chainsaw bars are the straight bar, the T-handle and the L-handle. Straight bar
Straight bar chainsaws are the most common and they are great if you are looking to do some basic work with your saw.
FAQ Questions and Answers
The chainsaws work by attaching the cutting head directly to the handle; you can’t remove the head to adjust the chain tension. This is a problem because you can’t adjust the chain tension to match the cutting resistance of the wood.
What this means is, if the wood has a high density, it will slow the chainsaw down and make it difficult to cut. Plus, if the wood has a lot of sap, it will burn up the chainsaw?
S blades. But if you’re using a log splitter chainsaw , you can expect the wood to be relatively soft, so you can expect to be able to adjust the chain tension to get the right cutting resistance.
That’s why log splitters are a great choice for people who are looking to cut down a lot of trees.
You’ve reached the end of this buyer’s guide!
We hope you found the right survival chainsaw for your specific needs. If you have any questions at all, please drop us a comment below for a response within 24 hours. If you’re still unsure what to get, leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you. Still not sure what to get? Leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you.
Still not sure what to get? Leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you. Still not sure what to get? Leave a comment and we’ll get right back to you.